Nearby Russell Springs, Kentucky (Air Miles)
Keeneland Thoroughbred Rac
2012-08-27 21:00:06
Russell Springs, Kentucky
November 2011

November 2011
Inexpensive, good overnight spot with long big rig sites. Easy to get to, easy in and out with full hookups. Only 2 miles south of Cumberland Parkway (exit 62) on US 127. (3142 S. US Hwy 127). We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012

4   1   5   8   9
yes  no  yes  question  yes
yes  no  yes  question  yes
August 2012
It is a typical KOA as for camp site type description. The good: Friendly people, nice looking camp ground, GREAT spots for tent campers. A nice bath house AT THE STORE! Away from background highway noise, which is a plus for me, but takes some side road travel to get to, but scenic. The Bad: The description given on their home site didn't seem accurate during my stay. No lake view sites, even if the lake is 30 feet low. I only saw 2 employees at any given time during the week. The counter clerk had to close the store while she cleaned the bathrooms. So I don't see how they can prepare a meal for anyone at their site much less an open area. I also saw no sign of scheduled activities. Heck I didn't even see a rack of brochures with things to do in the area. I was told they are in their slow season. As the other rater stated, the game room isn't much and has broken down games in it, and the 2nd bath house underneath, lets say I got to take a peak when I was able to force the unlocked warped door open, I rather use an outhouse. For Wi-Fi you do have to sit at the store to get it. And the cable TV! Let's just say you would get better reception with mouse ears, so take plenty of movies. The pool looked inviting from a distance, but it too needs repairs, and when you got closer the surface was coated with bugs every time my family or I went there. I was told the person who owns the camp also owns the Marina about a mile away. Now they cook and serve food there, but I didn't try it. So for those of you that like it perfect, this isn't the place for you, I on the other hand will go there again, maybe, for a rough it in my RV weekend for the scenery and quiet. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Absolutely the worst I have ever seen in every category. The sites were in need of grading so it was impossible to level the trailer. The facilities were very run down. It seemed that the camp is actually a trailer park for RV storage. There was nothing for kids to do that was not run down or broken, game room etc. We were told the local Marina owner also owned the KOA and used it for what amounts to a fishing camp.This place is a KOA in name only. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
May 2012
Lots uneven and utilities quite a ways in the rear. The clubhouse looked shabby and the restrooms underneath it were definitely not even useable. Others near office OK. Wi-Fi only available if you sit outside the office building. For travel-through campers such as we are, this park is definitely a challenge to find. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Indian Hills KOA
June 2007

June 2007
Mostly graveled sites. We camped here in a Motorhome.