206922 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Shepherdsville, Kentucky (Air Miles)
Shepherdsville
Love'S
11901 Standiford Plaza Rd
Meijer 166
Louisville Motor Speedwa
Louisville Rv Center
4830 Outer Loop
Jefferson Mall
Sams Club 6622 Preston Hwy (Located To Block)
Bobby Nichols Golf Cour
Le Relais
J B Speed Art Museum
Masterson'S
1915 S Hurstbourne Ln
Sams Club?I-64:17 1401 Alliant Ave (Located To Block)
White Acres Cg
Kentucky
Shepherdsville
Louisville South KOA
2014-04-18 13:58:55
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
October 2013

yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
October 2013
Park was very clean & well kept. Easy acess from I-40. Gravel Spaces were NOT spacious-but adequate. Good drainage-as we there during rain. No puddles. Cell Service was good we used our own Hotspot for internet connections. Staff was helpful and pleasant, and gave direction to near by attractions. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
No trees, no rocks, no fire ring, no table, and no frills. Clean, convenient, EZ for big rigs, EZ on and off interstate, gravel level sites, reasonably priced, and limping WiFi. Next to not-so awesome flea market and near Zappos shoe outlet, Louisville, Patton Museum, and Fort Knox. Lady who answers the phone is hard of hearing, so be patient. Would stay again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is a good park for an overnight or couple of days stay. Office staff was very helpful. Campsites are very close together and you cannot pull thru and step out on the small concrete pad. I don't know what they were thinking when it was laid out. We have stayed here several times and like the proximity to the interstate and to Louisville, KY. It is not a resort , but neat and very convenient. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Grandma's RV Camping
March 2014

question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
March 2014
I would rate this as below average for a KO. The campground had a cramped feel with too many roads for the number of sites. Sufficient for an overnight stop, but a bit expensive for what it was. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Rate reflects VKR discount for a pull-through, FHU site. On a positive note, the cable worked, electric was good, check-in staff were friendly. Very expensive for what it is. Very tight for a large motorhome. We are a big rig towing and were there for an overnight. I asked to make sure we wouldn't need to unhook and were assured we had "a very long site". The escort promptly lead us to make a immediate sharp right turn, despite the fact that we were parked against a curb to our right and a fence at the curve. We couldn't make the turn and had to unhook at a tight angle - which appeared to humor the staff since they were laughing while we unhooked. The area our site was in appeared to be nearly all residents/seasonals. The "very long site" may have measured long, but the functionally level section in the middle was barely adequate for a 40' motorhome and the toad would have stuck out in the road had we left it connected. It would not have been possible to pull out of the site with the toad attached due to the uphill right turn you had to make out of the site and the tight turns to get back to the exit. Tree branches in this area also need to be trimmed overhead. WiFi was unusable. We do not recommend this campground if you are a large motorhome. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
To start with I will say that the owners are very nice and were very willing to accommodate our requests for different sites upon arrival. The original sites were full hookup, but the sewer connection was 30 ft away from my trailer. The second problem was the electric pedestal was so close to the site that if I gave room for my slideout we couldn't use the awning on the other side because of a tree. I spoke with the lady at the front desk and she let us move a couple sites up. The campground was empty so its hard to judge what it would look like full. With that said I believe it would be BAD. Sites are every turned every direction and make no sense. Lots of them are packed so close your sewer is under the neighbors picnic table. The giant trampoline pillow was a hit with my kid and the playground was OK. The gate to the river area, and scenic Indian Cliffs was locked so we had to walk a good distance to see that part of the park. The weather was beautiful and warm so not sure why staff refused to open that part of the park. I would not go out of my way to stay here again, but if I was in the area and needed a place to stay this would do. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Louisville South KOA