Nearby Taylorsville, Kentucky (Air Miles)
I-64 Exit 32B;32
500 Taylorsville Rd
7101 Cedar Springs Blvd
Ferd Grisanti
Sams Club?I-64:17 1401 Alliant Ave (Located To Block)
Sichuan Garden
Kentucky
Taylorsville
Taylorsville Lake State Park Campground
2014-06-09 18:21:27
Taylorsville, Kentucky

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
Very clean and well kept. The tent camping sites are tucked away in the woods and very private. I highly recommend for tent camping. The horse camping area is all pull-through spots with water and electric and shade trees on each space with a fire ring. The whole grounds are fairly flat and level making walking or biking around the block a lot easier. If you want a challenge there are loads of trails, some that go directly to the lake. The standard RV spots are medium/large size and mostly typical back in with shade behind you. Not a one isn't level. We got lucky and were able to stay in one of the horse camping spots. If it rains, they don't allow horses for several days and open these larger spaces up to RVs and tents. They are off to themselves in the back of the campground and offer a more secluded feeling. Gravel and very level, all of them. There is a nice modern playground easily accessible from most anywhere in the park. The restrooms are maintained regularly and very clean. The boat ramp is just down the lane. This is close to Bourbon country and the KY Bourbon Trail with loads of distilleries to tour within 45-60 minutes. Great, clean park. If this place had a pool and more spaces it would be an easy 9.5 - 10. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This campground is nicely set up with flat land and spacious sites. However, there was a lot of rain the first night and our site (#30) was flooded. That was okay, we could deal with that. The deal breaker for us was the loudness and absence of ANY park ranger or surveillance! I noticed there was no "quiet time" signs posted in the park, but little did I know that this campground is a place where people can drink and blast music all night long! My 14-year-old daughter was subjected to inappropriate behavior and drunken conversations that made me wish we would have stayed home! I've called the park to ask if they enforce any quiet time rules and have not received a phone call. Unless you want to drink and party all night, this is not a family family campground. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Very clean park with spacious sites. Friendly staff, very helpful if needed. Ice and wood delivered to site if needed. Electrical problems near back of park. A lot of the electric outlets, 30 amp, were melted. My surge protector which has a readout read anywhere from 108 volts to 120. Small pea gravel on sites. Nice bathhouse and playground. Very nice campground as far as State Parks go. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Taylorsville Lake State Park Campground