206874 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Saint Martinville, Louisiana (Air Miles)
2310 N Main
Lake Fausse Pointe State Park
2014-04-11 12:47:59
Saint Martinville, Louisiana
February 2013

no  no  no  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  no  no  yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
February 2013
This is a nice little park outside of St. Martinville and Breaux Bridge. I actually think it is quite a bit closer to Breaux Bridge. It has fishing (though not when we were there), a playground, a pool and nice grounds. We would have given this a higher score, but the bathrooms were not very clean, but the worst thing was the laundry room. The washers and dryers were fine, but the smoking in there was awful. When you want clean clothes, the last thing you want is for them to smell like you spent the night in a smoking night club. There are big no smoking signs up, but someone smokes in the ladies room that is attached and it stinks up the whole place. I think it is someone in residence there because as I was doing my laundry, there were three different times that I could smell fresh smoke, really really bad. Someone needs to manage this. We would stay again because the park is nice, but I would never use the laundry room again. The rate of 15$ is with a Passport card. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2012
If you love to fish this is a great park. Everything has a cost (fishing $2, pool $2). There are 2 ponds that are stocked with large catfish which they will clean for a small fee per pound. My family and extended family camp here often. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2009
Made reservations but no one said the office would be closed Monday and Tuesday. The man actually had to check if space was available and we are one of maybe 10. Owner was rude and not helpful at all. Showers are far away. Where are the laundry rooms? Wi-Fi free. This is AWFUL. Pretty area but that is the best I can say about this place. I will never stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Catfish Heaven Campground

yes (River)
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
Great state park setting. Nice level and tree shaded sites with good access. Being there in early April it was very sparsely occupied. Even though there wasn’t much competition you had to get in line to do laundry with the free washers and dryers. Apparently the locals find the fishing excellent, but as a Floridian I would advise you to steer clear of the alligators. Wi-Fi is filtered by the State which is annoying. Be sure to have all your provisions before coming here as the nearest store is a long, long way away. We did pick up some fresh peeled crawfish at Blanchard’s Seafood which is only about 10 miles away. Now if that sounds far, its only halfway to the store! This place is so remote my GPS didn’t know where it was (I’m serious about that). If I’m ever on the run from the law, or an ex-wife, I will definitely come back here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
What a gem. Excellent hiking, canoeing and so peaceful. Well that is until the weekends but most people settle down by 11 pm. Bathrooms are clean but old. No recycling. The park didn't inform us they had free Wi-Fi, figured it out a couple days in then 2 days later a storm knocked it out. Also didn't inform us there were free washer and dryers in the campground. Drive into Saint Martinville and stop at the Longfellow-Evangeline State Park; it was really informative and beautiful. Wild life is abundant. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2013
Some sites hard to get into due to the narrow roads in campground. The power and water pedestals are on the right side of the site which means you have to pass electric and water lines under the camper if your connections are on the drivers side. Be prepared with supplies as there are no stores near by. Bath houses kind of dirty due to busy weekend but appear to be taken care of. The best time to camp is in the winter so the mosquito's don't carry you off. We will return We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lake Fausse Pointe State Park