Nearby Slidell, Louisiana (Air Miles)
Weigh Station (Scales)
870 I-10 Service Rd
St Tammany Parish Touris
Grantham College Of Engi
167 Northshore Blvd
Sams Club?I-12:80 181 Northshore Blvd (Located To Block)
Welcome Center
John C Stennis Space
Louisiana
Slidell
New Orleans East Campground
2014-09-09 15:09:38
Slidell, Louisiana
September 2014

no  no  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
no  no  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes
September 2014
We have been here since March 2014 with work and when we first came it was fine, but since the owner came in July this place is horrible!! The grass has not been cut in over 4 weeks: knee high, snakes, mosquitos,ticks, scared to walk my dog!! When asked about cutting grass the owner said "stop trying to tell me how to run my business"!! This owner is a joke!! Laundry room is in a box car with 1 door that has a gas water heater by the door & filthy! Fire hazard to say the least! Breaker box has had cover taken off & left open for anyone to touch b/c the man doing electrical work is not licensed! There is someone staying in a tent under one of the covers that has boarded up the sides!! We pay over $500 a month and get talked to with a attitude b/c we asked to get grass cut!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This was the worst park we have ever stayed at. The owner was very rude and inconsiderate, she didn't take responsibility for anything. The water is awful cannot use it for anything, the power is a huge joke. She has packed to many campers into this park and it can't handle it, the owner knew the power in our spot didn't not work and the mangers told us we could use the spot next to us power so we did and we had to leave the park for a few days came back and she had unhooked our power so another camper could park there, ruined all our food in freezer, burnt our air conditioner up because when she plugged it into the other box it sent a huge surge through our trailer. The owner said it was our fault and denied knowing anything about the power problem, the power lines are not up to code she is using some random man staying here to work on power. The swimming pool is also a huge joke stays green all the time, has dead frogs and spiders running in it. She also has false advertising, she has a sign up that says free shuttle to French quarter this is a lie, there is no shuttle but she continues to advertise it. The bath house is extremely nasty it only gets cleaned once a week and not very good then, the laundry is awful no air what so ever, the machines are dirty they are never cleaned you would do better going to a laundry mat. The water is not treated correctly and has an awful smell to it. They will also not refund your money if you come in and have to leave for an emergency or something your out that money, the owner does not care about anything except making money and she'll do whatever it takes to make it, including ruining your stuff. If your thinking about this park run for your life it is awful, and if you do stay here your probably going to want to find a doctor, it is not a clean, healthy park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2014
Friendly staff. Sites are only big rig friendly if no one is parked behind you; turns are tight. We did manage to get into our pull-through site, but were parked next to a light pole, so getting out was a little more difficult. Sites are gravel and interior roads had some ruts. Would not stay there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for New Orleans East Campground

question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question
question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
The folks running this park have to be about the friendliest and most helpful we've run into. They gave us great advice on a local restaurant along with a card for a free appetizer. The check in was easy and fast. The streets are wide, and the site was paved and level. The water pressure was 45 PSI, and the voltage was about 118. The site was wide and clean. There is easy access to get to New Orleans, but there is no public transportation. Ask the hosts for a map and directions to the French Quarter and parking. They will gladly accommodate you and make it much easier. The were two reasons I dropped the rating from a 10 to a 9. I can't fathom why I have to drive my very expensive RV over speed bumps (or speed dips in this park). It's tough enough on these rigs with all the rough roads. We don't need to have them beat up in the parks. The other reason was that the exit was not very clearly marked, and it was a little tight getting our long rig out. Be careful when you leave the park. Stay well to the right on the exit if you're turning left with a towed rig. Otherwise, you can get hung up on the entrance curb. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stayed for 3 nights so that we could visit New Orleans and some relatives nearby, much cheaper than sites nearer to New Orleans. Even though the pull-through was level it was a little tight getting in and around the small area for short term guests. This appears to be mainly geared towards permanents, with many mobile homes. The campground is really nice and open, with nice walks especially along the lakes. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed at this park only one night while traveling. The park was easy for us to get to and convenient to I-10 and I-12. We paid $37 with our Good Sam discount. They do charge an extra $5 for every child over 10 years old. We had a concrete pull-through site, and I had no problems entering the site or leaving the site. The pedestal was conveniently located for an easy water and electricity connection. They do not have cable TV, but there were plenty of channels from the New Orleans TV stations with my RV antenna. I did have to use one Lynx leveler to get my rig level, even though it was a concrete pad. The park is very full with what appears to be permanent residents, and some of the rigs were total trashy dumps. To us, some were a major eyesore. The rest room and shower facility was small, yet adequate. It was not air conditioned so taking a shower in the heat of the day will be sweltering. They do not have a pool. We did not try the Wi-Fi. Office staff was very friendly and accommodating. Although I would not choose this park for a vacation park, and considered the price too high for what you get, for us it was fine for an overnight stop. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Pine Crest RV Park