Nearby Slidell, Louisiana (Air Miles)
Weigh Station (Scales)
870 I-10 Service Rd
St Tammany Parish Touris
Grantham College Of Engi
167 Northshore Blvd
Sams Club?I-12:80 181 Northshore Blvd (Located To Block)
Welcome Center
John C Stennis Space
Louisiana
Slidell
Pine Crest RV Park
2014-07-02 19:33:30
Slidell, Louisiana
March 2014

question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
March 2014
Friendly staff. Sites are only big rig friendly if no one is parked behind you; turns are tight. We did manage to get into our pull-through site, but were parked next to a light pole, so getting out was a little more difficult. Sites are gravel and interior roads had some ruts. Would not stay there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very well maintained - we enjoyed our stay. We stayed for several weeks and it was quiet and well maintained. The restrooms were spotless! Not much shade but there are a few sites with a tree. Convenient location to the interstate. The only reason I gave it a 9 and not a 10 is that the Wi-Fi seemed a bit slow. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Folks that gave this park high ratings must be friends of the owners. Agree with the previous reviewer that you should be current on shots before staying here. I can't believe KOA ever had anything to do with this place. Full sun sites, poor WiFi, pool in disrepair and murky water, pump was not working as far as I could tell. The dump station sewer was 5-6 feet directly in front of the laundry room door. Laundry looked like it was in someone's mildewy basement. Absolutely the worst campground we have stayed at; it inspired us to shorten our vacation and leave early. Management not available at the office to check in when we arrived at 5:30. They left a note saying they would be back after 10 the next morning, which meant we had to cancel our New Orleans tour plans. Stay away from this place and keep driving! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for New Orleans East Campground

yes  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
We stayed at this park only one night while traveling. The park was easy for us to get to and convenient to I-10 and I-12. We paid $37 with our Good Sam discount. They do charge an extra $5 for every child over 10 years old. We had a concrete pull-through site, and I had no problems entering the site or leaving the site. The pedestal was conveniently located for an easy water and electricity connection. They do not have cable TV, but there were plenty of channels from the New Orleans TV stations with my RV antenna. I did have to use one Lynx leveler to get my rig level, even though it was a concrete pad. The park is very full with what appears to be permanent residents, and some of the rigs were total trashy dumps. To us, some were a major eyesore. The rest room and shower facility was small, yet adequate. It was not air conditioned so taking a shower in the heat of the day will be sweltering. They do not have a pool. We did not try the Wi-Fi. Office staff was very friendly and accommodating. Although I would not choose this park for a vacation park, and considered the price too high for what you get, for us it was fine for an overnight stop. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This RV park is close to I-10 and I-12 and a convenient overnight stop. The sites are narrow but we were able to deploy all 4 slides. There was lots of standing water from recent rain. There seem to be permanent residents at most sites and some were pretty dumpy looking. The roads are narrow with very tight turns which made it difficult to maneuver our 40 ft motorhome. We had site 7 which is a pull through. It was long enough for the motorhome and toad BUT the roads are so narrow we had to unhook the toad and back out of our site to leave. One last word of caution, the park map they give upon registering said not to leave trash outside as it attracts gators. We have 2 small dogs so that was of concern for us even though we would never let them off the leash. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Stayed here one night while passing through. Good place, near I-10/12 with easy access. Friendly owner/manager. Didn't try WiFi so don't know how it worked. Campground was pleasant and all utilities worked fine. Good TV reception with antenna only. Ask owner about restaurants in town and he can help with suggestions. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Pine Crest RV Park