206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Sawyer, Michigan (Air Miles)
76 Truck Plaza

6   5   8
yes  question  yes
question  question  yes
August 2012
We were just here overnight and it was OK except for the price. $25 would have been a fair rate but we were running out of day and needed to stop for the night so we bit the bullet. Gravel sites 98% full with long term rigs. Voltage was good, but water pressure was only fair. It was convenient for our route. We might stay here again if we happen to be passing through. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2010
This park is nice and clean. It says its across the street from the dunes; yes, they are but it's about a 3 to 4 mile walk to the dunes. If you bring a bike of car you will be OK. The owners of the park were very nice and helpful. They did have a playground but if you have kids like mine 15 and 11 playground was for little kids. They do have a pond but no swimming of fishing, just to look at. This is a nice campground for just relaxing, but it has no extras. We would not camp here due to how far the walk to beach is and no extras for older kids. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2009
This was a fun, quaint little place. It is literally right across the street from Warren Dunes State Park- which is awesome. The staff was extremely friendly as well as some of the seasonals. The sites were small but maneuverable. The final night we were there, they happened to be having a pot luck dinner right by the pond located in the middle of the campground. The showers and toilets were clean. The only negative is, you have to pay a quarter per 6 minutes of water for the shower. The water was hot and the pressure was good. And, quite frankly, I didn't even need 6 minutes :-) We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2012

no  no  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  no
no  no  question  question  yes  yes  no  yes  yes  yes
August 2012
Quoted camp site rates do not include additional daily park entry fees, motorhome daily fees and extra charge for towed vehicle. My "Grassy' camp site either a dust bowl or mud puddle depending on weather. Showers and toilets dirty, plugged shower drains. Infested with kids. A leafy, over-priced slum. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2011
This is a beautiful park when it is not busy. Holidays are a nightmare because it is so crowded and noisy.The best times to stay are off season as they are unable to keep up the bathrooms when it gets busy. The cabins are nice but also do not recommend when the park is busy. The area itself is beautiful and the beach is awesome. Try to avoid the holidays as it becomes a "sardine can". We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
September 2011
This is a must stop park if you are traveling on I-94 or even I-80/90 and you have a day or two. From an RV perspective, it's a nice, basic state park with the advantage of 30 & 50 Amp service. No water or sewer, but they do have a good dump station. The real attractions are the sand dunes and the beach on Lake Michigan. It's very nice and unique. And each site has these industrial strength fire pits for some nice campfires. I was fortunate as the park was probably only at 20% occupancy, so I felt like I had the place to myself. I had my pick of sites, and choose a very easy drive through site. It is a little close to I-94, and at night you can hear the trucks off in the distance. The staff were very nice and helpful, but they were definitely all business. The no alcohol signs were everywhere and you could just tell, it was not a place you wanted to be drinking from a open container. Definitely a solo cup environment. But if you want to spend the day hiking the southern shores of Lake Michigan, this is well worth the stop. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Warren Dunes State Park