206669 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Mccomb, Mississippi (Air Miles)
Dinner Bell - Mccomb

4   7   10   7
question  question  yes  question
question  question  yes  question
April 2013
We hesitated to stop here when the latest review was several years old, but we thought we'd take a chance when we needed an overnight stop. The rate we paid was with the senior pass so I hesitate to complain. $14 for water and electric is not bad. It is clear this campground has gone downhill since the 2007 reviews though. The sites are dirt and all run together. There are not many that can accommodate our 40' size. There were overflowing garbage cans at each site. I will say that the young man working was very pleasant and helpful and seemed distressed that he couldn't get all the garbage picked up while attending to his other duties as well. He was all alone. If we were smaller, I think we'd probably use this park again in transit. Due to our size, I doubt we will. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2007
A real melting pot of a campground. Everything from tent campers to 40' fivers. From shirtless, tattooed guys to well dressed couples walking their dogs. If you do not mesh well with all types, this may not be your place. Lots and lots of beer drinking. If you want to let it all hang out and have a great time tubing this is your place. If you want a nice serene, quiet weekend with the kids as we do, try Percy Quinn State Park right down the road. Some turns in the C.G. are a little tight. We caught a rainy weekend. The gravel roads held up nice and standing water did not seem to be a problem. We did have a good time but we seem to get along with all types. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2005
We found the site from an internet ad and decided to give it a try. The park is very shaded and we found the staff to be very helpful. We had reserved a full hook up site, we thought, but were disappointed to learn that there was a temp sub in place that took my reservation. There were no full hookups available. The manager did refund the difference in cost and placed us in a double site. There are numerous canoeing/tubing outfits in the area, one just outside of the park. We will most definitely return. The only downfall to the weekend was that we lost electricity for a couple of hours the first night and there were some "slightly tanked" tenters who did not know the meaning of quiet. Which we probably wouldn't have noticed had the a/c drowned out the noise. The second night was great, either we could not hear them over the a/c or they were still hurting too much to party. Playgrounds are plentiful. Bathhouses only have one stall but were numerous. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Bogue Chitto Water Park
January 2014

yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
January 2014
Great park rangers. Sites are concrete pads. We were parked by the lake with a great view of the lake. The restrooms and showers are kept clean. We stayed here while exploring Natchez. The only down side is what I found at all Missouri parks; a few of the long term camper sites are allowed to be very messy which hurts their beautiful campgrounds. I would stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2013
Stayed here 3 nights. The lake had been drained due to a recent huge storm so I got a $4 discount on a lake side premium site. My site was #5 and I had to use all of my leveling blocks as there was a steep incline down toward the lake. Still the location of the table and the area around the site was level. This was the second campsite that I visited in MS on my trip with broken shore power posts covers. I again had to duck tape the cover closed as one day it rained for 12 hours! I would suggest an outdoor rug if you plan to stay awhile. There was no fire ring (common for MS campgrounds), just look for signs of an old campfire. Many sites are not level. Some level sites I found are: 44, 46,47,49. Sites 99 and 100 are in the wooded area,but should get some satellite reception and are more level. Picnic tables at these sites are in a good location, but the sites are a bit short for big rigs. There was a laundry facility, but the washers/dryers were missing. On my site my Tailgater had good reception and my iPhone with AT&T had 3 bars. No walking/hiking paths nearby. Lots of cabins with 1970's decor inside. Some construction going on across the lake and a nice information center meeting hall a short drive away from the campground. Wasn't hard to find the campground. Pretty well used campground for December and the lake being drained. We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2013
The lake is being repaired or this place would have been packed. Nice paved back in sites, good looking cabins, nice looking golf course, and marina (eventually). Will remember this one for when we have more time. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Percy Quin State Park