Nearby Meridian, Mississippi (Air Miles)
Naval Air Station - Meri
Meridian
Benchmark RV Park
2014-07-10 14:05:21
Meridian, Mississippi

question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question
Most sites have a large cement pad. We had a pull thru and were able to pull our car up behind the rig. Not too much outside the park. It's an easy 10 minutes from downtown Meridian. Park host was pleasant. Has an isolated clean dog area. Our rate is the Passport rate, cash only. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park is very nice. It is a little farther off the interstate than the other parks here, but well worth the extra mile. The owners were very friendly and helpful. The sites are long pull-throughs. The hookups were very convenient. There are some trees and the owner warned us that our satellite dish might not work in our site. We used their cable. Our Verizon MiFi worked fine so we did not use the park Wi-Fi. The park is well maintained. We will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nice smaller park with good gravel roads and level concrete pads. Water pressure high, quality good. No problems with power. Wifi and cable very good. Bathrooms and laundry clean and well maintained. No escort to site, but one is not needed. Friendly staff. Not much shade. Never heard a plane or train. Be certain to obtain a reservation, they fill up fast. Highly recommend this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Benchmark RV Park

question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
I wish I would have read the reviews about this park before coming here! First we were sent to our spot and the trash from the campers that had been in this spot before us was still there at my door as I stepped out my RV. The woman at the front desk who claims to be the owner was terribly rude and when I asked her where the laundry room was said " Up the hill!" and after I asked her to please help me because my quarters were stuck in one of the two machines in the room informed me that there 'may' be more machines in another room... Just up another hill. Now she claimed to be the owner!! I personally will NEVER stay here again!!! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Let me start by saying the storage facility we use to store our RV is a better campground than this place! A view of an 18 wheeler and the broken concrete and limestone roadbeds was the best picture I could post. I am extremely concerned about every Good Sam rating if they rated this 8.5/9/7/5. Will remember this as the worst we've stayed in. Facilities: dusty limestone & gravel throughout the section we were in with piles where they dumped 2 or 3 dump truck loads around the perimeter did not want to venture elsewhere. Amenities: The dog run was a 10'x10' with tall grass and weeds with an old kids swimming pool that I had to keep the dog away from in case he tried to drink it. I asked how they got their Good Sam rating and got a surly answer. Services: there were none. I didn't see any trash receptacles around when we left so took our garbage with us. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Our first choice was booked, so we headed here. The short term RVers were mostly in the lower level, which is a large gravel parking area. Our site had a nice long concrete pad. When available, the WiFi was weak. The CATV was good. But the office did not provide a channel guide. The campground consists of multi-level parking areas with hook ups. All but the lower level was filled with long term residents. The owner or manager's large white dog was off leash. It was friendly toward people, but aggressive toward other dogs. Price reflects a Good Sam discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Bonita Lakes RV Park
August 2008

4   9   1   4
question  question  question  yes
question  question  question  yes
August 2008
New Management has cleared the park of undesirables and is attempting to clean the park up. He has a long way to go - trash everywhere, not picked up, etc. Broken pads but still level when on the unbroken part. No worst than most KOAs. We ran from Baton Rouge to Meridian for Gustav and stayed 3-nights. Convenient handy getaway for us to escape the hurricane. Reasonable price - cash or check only. We would return for another hurricane escape. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2007
December 2004
This place is a dump. Garbage everywhere, no one on site (it looked as if no one was there in days/weeks) Cable hookup and phone long gone (even though the 2004 Woodalls say's they have them) Broken concrete pads, many sites did not have working facilities (Again the description says 60 out of 60 full hookups) Laundry fac. no where to be seen. Really flithy campground in a less then inviting part of town. Beware! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Campground RV Park

question  no  no  no  no  no  yes  yes  question  yes
question  no  question  no  question  no  yes  yes  question  yes
Found this in the Good Sam's guide today and it was rated an 8. When we pulled in it was a well shaded, grassy lot with some hookups. Lots of old junk vehicles and small campers that appeared to be full time residents. Office was not open but a nice lady walked up and said she would not rent to us because she didn't have 50 amp and they had problems with the electrical hookups. I was really happy because I would have been afraid to spend the night there. We have traveled extensively and this is by far the worst campground we've ever stopped at. I don't know how Good Sam rates their parks but I don't have too much confidence after today. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Due to construction in the area most parks are booked up. This was our 3rd choice and we were lucky to find a spot. The park is in need of some serious maintenance and clean up. Many full time guests and unkempt trailers loaded with pine needles. The toilet and showers are clean but are woefully lacking. Shower water is lukewarm at best, no toilet paper in one stall, and no paper towels or means to dry your hands at the sinks. The hose bib at our site was 3” away from an open sewer connection surrounded by dried toilet paper. Due to the amount of trees and low hanging limbs I would not consider this park big rig friendly. There appeared to be several sites at the entrance end of the park that were out of operation. There was a pool and swings but I was not provided a map, list of amenities and “rules”. The rate, $27, cash only, but should be around $15. The Wi-Fi worked well but we were close to the “office”. Golf at Meridian NAS is a super value at $20. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2013
Park was very adequate for a one or two night stay, not having to depend on park's rest rooms and showers. Train noise was not bothersome to us. Tracks are about 1/4 mile away. Would stay again when passing through, but not for more than 2 nights. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Nanabe Creek RV Park

3   7   7   2   7   5   6   4   2
question  no  no  no  question  yes  question  no  no
question  no  no  no  question  question  question  no  no
October 2013
Part of the Pat Harrison water park system. What seemed to be a nice park in it's days, is run down and in need of attention. Long term people live there in broken down campers. It looks as though work is being done to the place but at a slow pace. It could be a beautiful place with lots of work. We'll have to bypass this place next time. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2013
Very quiet and peaceful place, friendly staff, good fishing. We enjoy staying here, but it's getting run down and needs a good clean up (pine straw, leaves, broken tree limbs, etc.). Can't use laundry or showers because they are dirty. Some long timers but no problem with that. We've stayed here twice and have another week booked in May. We always stay at least a week and enjoy our time here, but it could be a much better park if they'd just spend some time and clean it up. Paved pads but not level. If you like the woods and country setting this is the place. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2012
Take the additional half hour drive off the highway and enjoy the peace and quiet this park offers (at least it was when we were there; the water park was shut down for the winter). I have to agree with the previous reviewer regarding the toilet facilities. They were awful. Someone had left a mop and bucket in the corner of one of the laundry areas and it was filthy. Looked like it had been there for quite a while. The bad thing about the park is that management needs to do some clean-up with the sites. We walked the whole park to find that more than half of it has been left untended, allowing the surrounding woods to take over. Sad, as it could be a wonderful place if someone would take some time to spruce it up some. There are a lot of full timers, with lots of boats and trailers scattered amongst the sites. Trash in the woods, bucket lights in the trees left on all day, overgrowth in other areas. The water park and the day use areas look well groomed until you look closer. There's trash there as well. Like I said earlier, it is a peaceful and quiet place and I would definitely stay again, using my own facilities. The reservoir is teeming with birds and wildlife. A great place for canoes, kayaks, riding bikes. Simply put: a wonderful place to stop and just relax. We planned on only staying one night but added a second one as it was so peaceful. The staff we met were extremely pleasant and friendly. The rate reflects the Passport America rate. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Okatibbee Water Park