206628 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Sardis, Mississippi (Air Miles)
205 House-Carlson Dr
Sardis, Mississippi

yes  yes
yes  yes
June 2012
The rate is with senior pass. The park is almost closed down with only 32 of the 62 sites available. All of the restrooms are closed with the exception of the one at the end of the park. We didn't think we would ever get out of Oxford as the main road to the park was closed in town and the detour signs were very small and hard to see. After you get out of Oxford you have 14 miles to the park. The one bathhouse open had no hot water and the Corp personnel would not reset the beaker as the electrician was off on the weekend. Love the Government. Oh yes, forgot to mention all of the other restrooms that were closed had all of their air conditioners running. Don't you just love our tax dollars at work. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
May 2007
The campground is located 14 miles Northeast of Oxford on Sardis Lake. When we were there they had just reconditioned the road and there was lots of loose gravel. Several of the power pedestals were in poor repair and our electrical breaker tripped during the night and we were unable to reset it. We had to move to another site the next day. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2010

September 2010
We have stayed here several times and will stay again. Newly renovated COE park. Concrete pads, tables and fire rings. Located on Sardis Lake with fishing. Boat ramps or lake side fishing. Located eight miles from Oxford across from Abbeville. Turn north off Highway 7. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013

question  no  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
question  no  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  no
December 2013
The campground directional sign after getting to the park was not clearly marked, thus I drove back out and found directions in a little store near the entrance. As I was there on Dec 29th, the place was nearly deserted. The toilets were locked and the laundry had a "out of service"sign. I can say that neither looked all that inviting from the outside. I had site 49 and had to dig out the sewer drain as it was all but covered with dirt. My satellite reception was poor, tried to use every nearby state for my Tailgater to find the satellites and there was decent visibility with my iPhone satellite finder app. The pads for the tables and RVs were concrete, but the driveways are not long. My site was about in the middle of the campground and the view of the lake was quite nice. I would say that the best full hookup sites are #4,5,6. All of the sites are pretty level. The sites in the 200's are primitive but close. Could't find shore power posts for every site so I guess they share. Could not find a walking trail or playground, but the park ranger was really nice and it seemed safe and clean. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We had a beautiful site on the water. We enjoyed the breeze off the lake and watching people ride jet skis or riding around in boats. I would have rated this a 8 or better but the restrooms and showers are in need of serious cleaning and the sites are too close to one another. Would not stop me from going back because we had a wonderful time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
This is an excellent park in a great location for a terrific price. Interior roads and site pads are paved (ours 2" out of level) with excellent spacing and most all shaded. Some lakefront sites are a little more money. We were in site 215 but I think 216 would be the best. Great breeze coming off the lake and nice views. Park police patrol regularly and it is very quiet. There is playground equipment in the campground and a beach with swimming in the adjoining section of the park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for John W. Kyle State Park

yes  question
yes  question
June 2012
Nice open campground with shade below the Dam. Sites are large and this is a good place to ride the bikes. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2009
This is a Corps of Engineers campground located below Sardis Dam. Access road and spurs are all paved. Some sites are waterfront on a small lake below the main dam. Supposedly a 14 day camp area, but a few of the sites look they have been occupied longer than that. A very nice campground, with lots of large trees for shade. We camped here in a Motorhome.