Nearby Carthage, Missouri (Air Miles)
Bamboo Garden
Ozark Christian College
Joplin Freightliner 8006777075
Judy'S Truck Stop
Jasper
Sams Club 3536 Hammons Blvd (Located To Block)
George Washington Carver

5   8   10   9   3   9   10
question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
October 2013
O.K. park not to far from freeway, not much noise. Roads and sites are gravel with shade trees. Sites are large enough for 37 foot RV and toad. Power, water, and cell (AT&T) good. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was an overnight stop for us on a westward swing. After reviewing other campgrounds in the area, we would choose this campsite again. The sites were level and large. The campground manager took me to look at several sites first and then led us to the place. Yes, the sites are gravel, but so what; it drains well in the rain. There are lots of trees, so it may be difficult if you rely on satellite for TV, but we found enough over the air stations from nearby Joplin. WiFi was free, though a bit slow. We used the restrooms and showers and found them clean and comfortable. They had the water on a softener, so it was very soft. It was also a bit on the salty side for taste, but had no bad smell or flavor. Downsides are: some sites are a bit tight to get into, but that is not bad as there are plenty of trees for shade. Interstate road noise is there in the background, though a small hill between the campground and interstate help blunt some of the sound. Finally, be warned, the approach from the north comes at you quickly. There is no Large sign by the road. We went south and turned around in a large lot (warning sign--no turns, but we did anyway) and got back fine. The park looks a bit run down, but I think is a work still in progress. As stated earlier, given other options, we would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We pulled in after the office was closed and found a great site close to the restroom/showers. I was really surprised how much room each shower cubicle was. Everything was clean. There weren't many units there. The next morning when we were paying, I found out that wifi was available so I asked the lady if I could stay long enough to try and look up some relatives we were wanting to see in our travels. I had some difficulty trying to connect, so she went and looked them up for me. She was a big help. We will definitely go back when we are in the area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Ballards RV Park
October 2014

question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
October 2014
I have stayed in many places across the US and this is the first time RV Park Reviews let me down. I have, however, learned a good lesson. When checking in and asking the rate, don't let the host get away with asking "well do you have Good Sam?" before quoting their rate. I don't know if we got ripped off, but I can't believe their regular rate could be $40/night without the discount. The wifi was absolutely nonexistent on our site and the sites (although level) had nothing to offer. This is the first time in ten years of rving that I felt gouged. I wouldn't stay here again unless they dropped their rates by at least 30% per night. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is the second time we have stayed at this park. Spaces are long and wide. Wi-Fi and cable worked well. Staff is very friendly, even have cookies upon arrival. Nice area to run dog. We would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Stayed here 3 nights to visit friends in area. Be sure to watch for signs to find the park. There are shade trees and grass areas to walk the dog. The sites are gravel and level. Owners live and work onsite. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Big Red Barn RV Park

no  question  yes  question  no  question  question  question  question  yes
no  question  yes  question  no  question  question  question  question  yes
We arrived fairly late (just before 10:00PM) but were still met immediately by friendly staff. The lady who met us took our payment, took time to talk to us about our needs, and escorted us to our clean, wide, level space. We hooked up to the 50 amp service with no trouble, and in the area where we stayed for our overnight stay, we had great DirecTV service. The park was immaculate, interior roads wide and well paved, and the gravel sites were level and clean. The park is a mile north of I-44 so it is conveniently located. We will definitely put this on our list of places to stay while traveling in the area. No restrooms or showers so not a "10" but a great place to stay if your RV has an adequate shower and restroom. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park is one we have stayed at a number of times over the years but have not stayed at for over 5 years. The long time managers who went out of their way to greet us and make us feel welcome have retired. The new managers are very competent and cordial but we missed the the greeting we were used to here. The utilities were adequate except the WiFi was just about unusable for us even close to the the antenna. Our Verizon and DirecTV was good here. The cable TV had lots of channels. The parking surface is crushed limestone gravel and this particular site could have been a little more level by our front door. We would stay here again for a night or two. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2014
Great place nice and friendly.. keeps their grounds nice and level spots. will go there again, lots of shade We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Coachlight Campground