206928 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Butte, Montana (Air Miles)
Fairmont Rv
Butte
Butte KOA
2013-10-12 22:19:38
Butte, Montana

question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes
Can't hardly beat the price for an overnight. That's all we did; we were trying to make some time driving and pushed further to Butte, and this is one of the parks I had read about. It's easy access to & from the highway. Our spot was OK, nothing to brag about - kind of squeezed in between two other trailers that appeared to have been staying there for a while (?). But we got decent TV reception and WIFI - important to me so I can stay in touch with the family while on the road. We didn't use the restrooms or any of the other facilities. Owner was right there when we drove in, and friendly enough and offered to not hesitate to get a hold of him for anything. Would stay again if passing through, but that's about all I'd stay. There were some permanent tee-pee's set up in front on the grass. If you had children and they wanted, I think it would be fun for them. Enough grass bordering to walk your dogs. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Easily accessible for big rigs. $26 for water/power only. All sites have about 4-5 degrees of slant, so you will need to level left to right. I heard no freeway noise. Friendly staff. Sites are close, with about 10' between them. Decent basic park only two miles to downtown. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Had I known what nice parks they had going towards Missoula we would not have stopped here. There is not a level site in the entire park. They would do well to plow this one under and start over. Many long term residents in the park. Check in was nice and easy but you don't get much for the money. Other than the nice folks running the park it just doesn't have much to offer. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for 2 Bar Lazy H RV Park & Campground

yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question  yes
The park was mediocre and in desperate need of maintenance and the spaces were very small. The grass next to our spot was dusty dirt. The playground had rusty screws exposed and was falling apart, the toys had all been well used. We have stayed in some rustic campgrounds, but they normally charge a rustic amount. Considering the condition of this campground compared to others, this place is 50% overpriced. I would have a hard time recommending that anyone should stay here. If you are passing through Butte and need a place to park overnight, this place will serve that need but is overpriced for what they provide. We camped here in a Motorhome.
There are a lot of full timers here. Older units with underpinning and even units that looked more like small mobile homes rather than travel trailers. The area of pull-through sites were not that level, had to have a board under our tires on the drivers side. We were still able to stay hooked to our truck since we were here for an overnight. When we were able to get our slides out there was not much room between ours and the motor home next to us, barely room for the picnic table provided. You just couldn't walk around the picnic table oh well. The area was quiet at night even though it was right off of a busy road on one side and highway on another. We probably would not stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The rate shown was for a pull-thru 30amp/water site. I liked almost everything about this park. The staff was friendly, check-in was prompt and my site was reasonably level and accommodated my motorhome and toad. The biggest negative was the Wi-Fi-- very slow, in fact, much slower than my AT&T cell service for data. I believe that RV parks that advertise Wi-Fi should have service that is reasonably fast. Slow Wi-Fi is like no Wi-Fi at all. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Butte KOA