Nearby Hardin, Montana (Air Miles)
Big Horn County Historica
Little Bighorn Battlefiel
Montana
Hardin
Grandview Campground & RV Park
2014-10-16 15:16:55
Hardin, Montana
October 2014

yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  no  question  yes  question
yes  question  question  question  yes  question  no  question  yes  question
October 2014
The sites were nice and level, and well landscaped. We saw a couple of cats, but no big deal. They didn't bother us and we didn't bother them. Kind of enjoyed watching them patrol the perimeter of the campground. The rest rooms are clean. The lady in the office was pleasant and helpful. I have stayed in several campgrounds in eastern MT and this is one of the nicer ones. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
I was pleasantly surprised that this park was fairly nice. We had a pull through site that it was very long, with lots of space on both sides. We were parked in between two other coaches, and none of these 3 sites were next to or near a fence overlooking an industrial area. The owners were very nice but I don’t think they handled the issue of overcharging a customer very well. A lady who was in the office at the same time as me claimed she was overcharged, based on the rates on their web site. She was, and so was I, but I hadn't had a chance to look at their web site until the next day when I had my computer up and running again. In talking with the owner about this she stated that the prices had increased in the spring, and the web site was supposed to have been updated by someone who maintains the web site for them, and she was trying to get it fixed. The owner should have honored the price because the website does NOT say “prices are subject to change without notice”. It is her responsibility to ensure her “published” prices are correct. In spite of this we had a nice stay, met the other neighbors next to us and we had a lovely conversation. There are a lot of construction workers in the park. Perhaps some people might consider them “sketchy”, but they really didn't do anything or bother anyone. My only complaint was that there are a lot of cats and a dog running loose in the park. They belong to the owner; they are NOT feral cats. The dog was very friendly but it was running loose throughout the park. One of the cats was under our coach hissing at our dogs every time we took them out for a walk. I Just don't understand how RV park owners can expect guests to follow the rules (pets on a leash) when the owners' animals are running loose. I do have to agree that I don't think the place is worth $41.00 but the bottom line it's whatever the market will bear, and obviously it's working because the park was full. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Buyer Beware! Their published rate for full hookup (30/50) is $37 plus tax, with a 10% discount given for Good Sam. That would make the rate $33.30 plus tax. They wouldn't honor the published rate ($33.30 plus tax), and charged my husband $36.90 plus tax. If it had been me checking us in, I would have walked out and gone somewhere else. The park wasn't worth $39+ a night. There aren't enough amenities to support that cost. Regarding the property, it looks "tired", as another poster noted, and there were numerous feral cats on the property (also noted by another person). On the second morning several sketchy men were hanging around at a swing next to our RV, and I was glad we were departing that day, because I wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving my RV unattended. It's in an area of town with mostly gas stations and businesses, so I'm not sure where they get their name "Grand View." We were looking over a fence into an industrial lot. Their claim to being the "closest campground to Little Bighorn National Monument" is relative, because it's still a 16.7 mile drive to get to it. For reference, the other campground in town is just 17.5 miles from the monument. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Grandview Campground & RV Park
September 2014

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  no
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  yes  no
September 2014
This is a fairly small KOA, surrounded by sugar beet fields. The park appears to have been somewhat tired & run down when the new owners took over two seasons ago; they are making improvements, but don’t expect fancy yet. We stayed during the sugar beet harvest, when the nearby processing plant periodically makes a rumbling noise (probably beets falling into a hopper or something) that sounds like a cross between distant thunder and a Tyrannosaurus exhaling. This blends with occasional traffic and train sounds to form a fairly constant, but relatively low-key, nighttime noise background. The roads and (relatively level) spaces are gravel, and most are quite long pull-throughs, so you won’t have any trouble fitting your big long rig onto a site. WiFi worked, but a bit slowly. Cell phone reception was fine. There are patches of grassy lawn, picnic tables, and some shade trees. The restrooms are also older, and are probably next on the list of things to remodel. I am told one of the womens toilets was out of order when we arrived, and will be replaced as part of the remodeling. The mens has a urinal, two toilet stalls, three shower stalls, and four sinks. The restroom was kept clean. The urinal space is narrow, and the shower stalls have low partitions so you can talk to your neighbor. The shower heads are positioned at just the right height for folks about 5 feet tall, but the water is hot, and flows well. Hardin is the logical stop if you are visiting the nearby Little Big Horn Battlefield. We travel in an Aliner popup, and we paid $33 per night for two nights (full hookups) with a KOA card, which I would say would be a good price when the place is a bit more fixed up. I don’t know that we will be coming back to Hardin, but if we do, there are two places to stay; this is the one that is not in the middle of town. Hardin also has a great museum, and a wonderful Mennonite(?) bakery (Oh’s, at the only stoplight in town. The bakery also serves tasty soups and sandwiches for lunch during the week days. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
This park is away from interstate so noise is not a big issue, esp. once inside RV. Some train whistles off in the distance, sounded nice. Very friendly staff, apparently new but quite helpful. Sites are gravel, long & reasonably level with some grass between & some mature trees for shade. There is a pool & hot tub but did not use. Bathroom & showers look a bit old but but are clean. There is a store attached to office with some supplies. They have tenting sites with a shelter covering the picnic tables & small cabins with a swing on the porch. Will definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Well, once you get past it being a KOA, it was nice. The RV Park was clean, but Wi-Fi was horrible. Kids enjoyed the pool and spa, which both appeared clean. Rabbits around everywhere and are mostly friendly. Staff was very friendly. Very good price on propane here, cheaper than in town. Verizon cell phones worked well in the campground. I don't know if I would stay here again, namely because of the $67 price. I think there are plenty of other campgrounds of same quality at half the cost or cheaper. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Hardin KOA