206616 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Missoula, Montana (Air Miles)
4000 Hwy 93 S
Jim & Mary's RV Park
2013-11-14 01:38:37
Missoula, Montana

3   8   6   8   7   10
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
no  question  no  yes  no  question
The camp host was very pleasant and friendly. This was your basic "stop, sleep, and go" type of campground. At $28 it was too pricy for what you received--electric only. There was potable water available at spigots at various sites around the park and vault toilets. You are right next to the train tracks and interstate. Lots of noise. Keep the AC cranked up to drown out the noise. Don't plan on coming back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is a smaller state park on a small river in the mountains. The camp hosts were friendly. There are campfire rings and picnic tables. There is a short hiking trail and several river accesses. There are about 6 sites that are suitable for big rigs. All sites have electric but no water or sewer. There are no showers, so I had to swim in the river. There are several first come first serve sites, and the rest can be reserved. You self register if you don't have reservations. We saw deer in the park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2012
Expensive for no water, no showers, no sewer and no dump. Water faucet by the restrooms is non-threaded so you can't fill tanks without a water thief. Pretty, fairly shady and quiet, but even the pull-through sites are tight for a bigger rig. Very nice walking trail through the woods. Camp hosts are pleasant. Coin-op firewood dispenser, $4/bundle. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Beaver Tail State Park
October 2013

yes  yes  no  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
yes  question  no  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question
October 2013
Nice park just west of Missoula. Sites were gravel, level, surrounded by grass and great trees. Good room for those with sliders. Restrooms/ showers were clean. Staff was helpful. Stayed there in a teardrop. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Great value for the $34 we paid with the Good Sam discount. Clean, lovely lawns and green space, friendly staff, etc. Just an overall nice place to stop if in Missoula. It is about 10 miles from the city center, but it is a quick on and off from I-90 and it isn't like there is a better option closer to downtown. Gravel sites seem mostly level, though it takes some eyeballing and readjustment to find the sweet spot--the only reason I'm not giving this place a 10. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is probably one of the nicest parks we've stayed in. Very nice facilities, and the park like setting reflects the floral interests of the park owner. Beautiful grounds. Flowers and lawn ornaments at nearly every site. Nice little gift shop at the front desk to show local flavors. If you are into Beer, try the Kettle House Brewery "Cold Smoke" flavor. A local brewery but very nice. A lot to do within driving distance. We were there a week, and it rained everyday. I can only imagine how pretty it was in the sun! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Jim & Mary's RV Park
October 2013

yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
October 2013
We stayed for two nights. Friendly staff, clean park, spacious sites, clean restrooms. We have stayed here many times and it is always very nice. It is a little high price, but is a convenient location to shopping, food, etc. and worth it. We stayed on our return on 10/15 also. The rate that night was $22 because of winter rates and internet special of $8.00 off for Washington residents. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stayed the Missoula KOA just after Labor Day for a week. The neighborhood was relatively quiet (some train and airplane noise), the onsite store was fully stocked and not ludicrously priced. The activities, when open, look to be lots of fun. The park was very large so there were a wide variety of spaces throughout. The laundry room was large and clean. Do not stay at the Missoula KOA if you are looking for natural beauty, the RV park is lined with mobile homes. There are many kid activities at the campground, unfortunately some of them shutdown for the season the day after we arrived. The playground was a blast for our 2 & 4 year old. The proximity to shops, such as Costco, Walmart, and Target was a huge bonus. There were a handful of restaurants, which were good dinner/lunch options. I can recommend Missoula KOA for a few days or even a few weeks. We returned to the campground twice over a month. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very nice KOA. Staff was very helpful and my site worked well for my stay. Only issue I had was with the Wi-Fi, which was spotty at best. Staff tried resetting the router for my area, which worked for about a half hour. I believe RV parks that advertise Wi-Fi should have reasonably capable systems. Unfortunately, my experience at KOA's all over this country has been that their Wi-Fi is the weak link. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Missoula KOA

question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  question
This is a nice park, well-maintained. I couldn't personally access the internet with their Wi-Fi but we did have phone service. We didn't use the cable that was available. I also didn't use the laundry facilities - we were here only 1 night. It's obviously very family-oriented so I don't think I'd want to stay there during summer time, but it wasn't bad when we were there. We would consider staying here again, depending on the time of year. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The only reason we were here was because we could not get in at another RV park across the road. However, the campground is very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. The sites are wide with grass, picnic table and a 20' pine tree between each site. Our was full enough to provide shade to sit outside during the day, but some of the sites had slender trees that did not provide much shade. The cable was good, but the WI-FI was only good for two days and the first day is was very slow. The electric and water hookups are in the correct locations, about 1/4 way up on the left side, but the sewer connection is at the far rear of the site. So you'd better have some extra sewer hose if you use the full-hookup. The pool was a reasonable size and very clean and they have a covered pavilion that was large and clean with picnic tables if you wanted to have a group meeting or dinner. It is far enough from the highway so there is no road noise that I could hear. I would stay here again if I could not get into the RV park across the street. We camped here in a Motorhome.
The seven rating is based on the fact that we were in the "overflow" sites with Water and Power only. This is due to the fact that I forgot to call early enough to get a larger site. These Power and Water only spaces are very narrow in this portion of the park. We couldn't put out our awning because of the pine tree 5 feet away from our trailer. The other sites were very generous in size as some very large motor homes were parked. We were a little hesitant to book here due to it being an attractive park for kids with the Yogi Bear theme and all, but we only saw about 20 kids in the park and they were mostly with their grandparents. Grandparents demand more order from kids than parents do. The Wi-Fi system allows you 2 days of use for free, then you need to pay for additional days. The Wi-Fi signal was very strong, but the internet connection was hard to stay connected to, since I think some campers were downloading internet movies tying up the bandwidth. I'm finding this more and more in RV parks. We would stay here again, but I would call earlier for reservations. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort