Nearby Missoula, Montana (Air Miles)
4000 Hwy 93 S
Missoula KOA
2014-08-20 04:08:32
Missoula, Montana

3   8   6   8   7   10
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
no  question  no  yes  no  question
The camp host was very pleasant and friendly. This was your basic "stop, sleep, and go" type of campground. At $28 it was too pricy for what you received--electric only. There was potable water available at spigots at various sites around the park and vault toilets. You are right next to the train tracks and interstate. Lots of noise. Keep the AC cranked up to drown out the noise. Don't plan on coming back. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is a smaller state park on a small river in the mountains. The camp hosts were friendly. There are campfire rings and picnic tables. There is a short hiking trail and several river accesses. There are about 6 sites that are suitable for big rigs. All sites have electric but no water or sewer. There are no showers, so I had to swim in the river. There are several first come first serve sites, and the rest can be reserved. You self register if you don't have reservations. We saw deer in the park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2012
Expensive for no water, no showers, no sewer and no dump. Water faucet by the restrooms is non-threaded so you can't fill tanks without a water thief. Pretty, fairly shady and quiet, but even the pull-through sites are tight for a bigger rig. Very nice walking trail through the woods. Camp hosts are pleasant. Coin-op firewood dispenser, $4/bundle. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Beaver Tail State Park

yes  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
50/30/20 amp, sewer good, water 60@ psi. Didn't use Wi-Fi. AT&T cell phone good, Verizon 4G LTE Air Card is good, cable TV is good. Sites are nice not all level but workable. Plenty of room around RV and between sites. Asphalt interior road. Restrooms and laundry are very good. This is a beautiful park. Lots of flowers and they are tended often. Waters lawn about 11 PM every night. GS discount. Satellite access is good in most places. Payment by CC is acceptable. This is a great park and when in this area I will stay here every time. Only Con is that a few sites do not have sewer and there is no dump here. I just pulled into an open site that had sewer and dumped as I was leaving. They do tell you about the dump on the hill at the truck stop. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This rate is a weekly Good Sam price. Very nice park with pleasant staff. The sites are FHU, spacious enough & many have beautiful flowers. Paved roads with gravel sites. Most sites were long enough to accommodate any size rig towing. Some sites would not be able to receive satellite service if it was roof mounted due to all the trees. the park is very well maintained & beautiful flowers are all over. We were here for 3 nights & could have stayed longer. There is lots to do in Missoula. There is some train noise but no worse than any other park that is near railroad tracks. This was actually quieter than some we have stayed at. WIFI was good except during peak times (late afternoon/evening) when the park was full but we never had a problem accessing the internet when we needed it. We enjoyed this enough to return! We camped here in a Motorhome.
The lady in the office is one of the rudest individuals I have ever met. When we got lost and called the office, she said trust me I know what I'm talking about. When we arrived she was equally rude. We were assigned site F1 which was at the back of the cg with no trees. There was no way a camper can get level in this site. The connections were far apart so one cannot move around in the site seeking a level place. We went back to the office and asked for another site; she said she couldn't move us. We demanded our money back and went elsewhere. As we left she was still saying that no one else had complained - don't know about that. If you are seeking a one night stay, I suggest you look elsewhere unless you like to deal with rude people. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Jim & Mary's RV Park

question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
Very nice park. Wide variety of site quality levels/sizing, and pricing to match. We fit into the smaller sites just fine, but big rigs or fifth wheels should verify site dimensions and reserve accordingly. When full park is a little tight, and access roads are narrow (no room for tow vehicles except on sites) but very clean and well maintained. Our site was level, water pressure was fine, cable and wifi worked well, power worked for running the AC. Campground does have fire rings, so we had a fair amount of smoky air with windows open in the evening. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Probably the best KOA we have ever stayed; possibly one of the best RV Parks. PROS: VERY close to town, still a park feel. No city sounds, a few helicopters and planes from airport, but minimal. Shady in many places, very friendly and helpful staff, very well serviced sites (lawns, trees, clean, etc.) They have everything you would need for just about anything in the store. Also, electric power was EXCELLENT. Checked at peak usage time and it was 124 volts at the plug (we use 220 50 amp - didn't check pedestal at the same time). CONS: A bit pricey, but you do get what you pay for. Sites are a little short, I see it with just about every unit. Some sites are pretty close to others. We got the best site in the park (None left) and had to pull forward and park behind the unit due to the distance from the power. Other than than it was a pleasant experience. CONCLUSION: Would DEFINITELY stay here again and will probably wish I was here as we go down the road and encounter lesser parks. :-) We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stayed here one weekend in mid-July and had a full hookup, pull-through site with 60+ channel cable TV. We had no trouble getting their Wi-Fi network in our RV. I have been here numerous times over the years and always enjoyed our visits. This is a big, busy park with lots of families and kids and understand that the pool will often be overflowing with kids. When I asked about an "adult only" swim time, I was told that it was from 10-10:30 PM! In addition, I saw numerous kids using the hot tubs without a parent. This is against their rules and the KOA pool attendant did nothing. I don't mind KOAs catering to families and kids, but don't screw us seniors to do so. I lowered my rating due to their policies. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Missoula KOA

yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes
yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes
Very close together sites. Clean. Nice play area for kids. Pool is nice. No fire rings in RV spots but there are for tents. Very windy so don't put up your awning. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We stayed here for 1 week. Easy access to get to the camp and to park when you get there. We don't have kids so the name of the park scared us since it implies that they cater to kids. While they have a nice play area for kids, miniature golf, and other things for kids it was not over the top on the Jellystone theme. Bathrooms were very clean. Cable was great, WiFi was not very steady, but it was workable most days. Very nice park overall. We would stay again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Fine RV park. Fantastic campground hosts. This place is likely awesome for families with young kids. In peak season I'd bet it's crowded. In mid-May, it was quiet, calm, and peaceful. Sewer connection at back of lot, so it's a stretch for some coaches. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort