219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Reed Point, Montana (Air Miles)
Old West Rv
Montana
Reed Point
Old West RV Park
2014-08-26 06:12:56
Reed Point, Montana

yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
This park is good for an overnight on Passport America ($20). Can't see paying full price. Just a wide spot on the road next to the interstate and near the train tracks, but was quiet enough inside the coach at night. Laundry room was in good shape, with brand new washers. Just 2 showers but clean. Cable was 24 channels, no ESPN nor CNN. Would stop again just for the price deal, and convenience between Billings and Livingston. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate is the Passport rate. Real easy on/off I-90. Nice level gravel sites and interior roads. Very close to I-90 but noise was not a problem. Rate includes Wi-Fi,cable, and 50 amp. We did not use the cable, used our satellite dish. I wanted to wash the bugs off the front of the rig and asked if I could rinse with my hose. Was told if I used the hose I must pay the $10 charge to wash your rig. I could and did wash off the bugs using the bucket method. My Verizon smart phone said "no service" but our regular cell showed one bar and worked. This park works nice for an overnight stop. The population of Reed Point is about 100 and the closest grocery store is 17 miles. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here on weeknight in mid-July at the PPA rate. I changed the number of sites to 14 because that is what is listed on their handout map of the park. 9 sites are pull-through and 5 are back-in. All sites are FHU with 25 channel cable TV. Our site was level and most sites seem to satellite friendly. We received the Wi-Fi network in our RV. It appears that about half the sites are taken by seasonal or extended stay customers. So, you may want to call ahead during the travel season to make sure that they have a site available. There is a laundry with modern machines and adequate bathrooms. There are no other amenities in the park. The town, about which others have waxed poetic, has a main street immediately north of the RV park that has only 2 of about a dozen non-residential buildings with businesses currently occupying them. One is a tiny 2 pump gas station and the other is a saloon and cafe. The Yellowstone River is maybe a mile north via a gravel road. There is no easy access to the river but there is a bridge across the river. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Old West RV Park