Nearby Alliance, Nebraska (Air Miles)
Terry'S Corner (Loc Unk)
Alliance
Nebraska
Alliance
J & C RV Park
2013-09-21 08:00:42
Alliance, Nebraska

question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question  question
This is a very small, clean, friendly park which is great for an overnight stop while traveling through the area. We were greeted by the owner and his dog as we drove in and registered right on the spot. Our pull thru site was level and had nice grass. Power is good 50 amp with full hook-ups. Pretty park which I recommend highly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed in this park for 2 nights on our way to South Dakota. It's a very nice, clean and well maintained park. The owners were very nice and helpful. The sites are small/medium rocks with a small grassy area and a tree. The site was very level and had full hookups. This is a great park for an overnight stay. With just 13 sites and essentially no amenities it's still a very nice park. Their sign is hard to see until you're almost right in front of the park. The office is at the back door of the house. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012
When I called this campground to get the nightly rate and physical address for them, I was quoted $28 ($25 Good Sam's rate). When we arrived we were informed that the rate was $38 a night and no Good Sam's rate! When I questioned why they weren't honoring the rate quoted over the phone I was informed that it was the same thing as if we'd been "quoted a $37 rate over the phone for a motel and got there and were charged $101 a night, we'd have to pay it." We informed them that NO we did not have to pay it, and we'd leave and we did! Had they honored the rate quoted to us, we'd have stayed there the two nights we were scheduled to since it was a small but clean little park. Because they failed to honor a quoted price or even reach a reasonable half way point we gave them a 1 rating. Had they done so it would have been much higher I'm sure. We will not return to this park. We went on to Scottsbluff and found a nice little campground for $15 a night! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for J & C RV Park

5   4   6   7   6   7   2   7   8
question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question  yes
July 2012
Only suitable for an overnight stop and I think the only reason to be in Alliance would be if you're visiting Carhenge. Scruffy but friendly staff. Nice indoor swimming you can use if wanted, plus good Wi-Fi. Overpriced. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
They advertise as being able to accommodate big rigs; we just barely fit in the site with a 32' trailer. They have the wrong fitting on their cable connections and charge you $5 for a deposit on the adapter. The showers are in a locker room type situation for the motel's indoor pool and are locked from 10pm to 8am. There is no place to put your soap/shampoo/etc in the shower. I would describe them as "minimal" at best. They were clean, though. Getting to the RV sites with a big rig would be interesting. If you are passing through from Hwy 385, you will drive through town on a bumpy road. All in all, I would take a pass on this place next time through. OK for a night... sorta. Price reflects Passport America rate. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2010
We stayed here one night (Labor Day) and had a FHU site with cable TV (60+ channels) and in RV, free WI-FI (a bit slow and got kicked off a couple times) at PPA rate. As noted by others, this is a plain park attached to a small motel. Except for the WI-FI, the facilities were fine. I must agree with some of the earlier reviewers who mentioned the train noise. Alliance is a rail center for coal trains going to and from WY and we there there on a busy night. The property is on a "V" shaped piece of land between 2 roads on the east side of town that get heavy traffic first thing in the morning. This was one of the few times I have had my sleep disturbed all night by trains and road traffic in the morning. While the park was fine for an overnight stay, the possible noise could bother many folks. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Sunset Motel & RV Park