Nearby Bayside, New Brunswick (Air Miles)
Huntsman Marine Science
Saint Croix Island Inte
Hilltop Cg
Keenes Lake Family Cg
(866)454-2022
" Oak Bay Campground, 742 Route 1, (866) 466-4999 "
Roosevelt Campobello Inte

7   4   8   8   6
question  question  yes  question  question
question  question  yes  question  question
August 2011
Gravel roads have some potholes. Speed bumps larger than needed to be effective. Wi-Fi slow. The site number on my site cannot be seen from the road until it's too late to turn in... so had to drive around entire park to get back to the site. Sewer connection was uphill which was not good! Staff was very friendly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
I am having a hard time deciding how to review this park. It has good points and bad, but over-all, I am really disappointed. Pros - It is located very close to the US/CA border, so was very convenient after a long day of traveling. And, the office staff is very friendly. We did not use the wash-rooms or laundry, but they do look clean at a glance. There is a pool, playground, and Wi-Fi. Cons -Island View has gravel roads, and since it was raining when we arrived, they were very sloshy. Wi-Fi signal is strong, but extremely SLOW. Sites are grass, a bit tight, & ours was not level. Mostly, I just found this park depressing. It impressed me as being a not-so-lovely trailer park. There are lots of long term patrons who seem to have been here for quite a while, and their sites reflect it. I get the impression that these folks are full time residents, not seasonal campers. I generally don't have a problem with long term tenants, but these creeped me out a little. I didn't see an entrance to the ocean view, but I suspect there must be one toward the rear of the park. Adequate for an overnight stay, but certainly not a destination. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2011
We rarely camp this close to home (15 miles) however we are certainly glad we did. Previous posts showed waterfront as being river, however this campground is on part of the Bay of Fundy with 26 foot tides. Site was level and although not spacious, it was more than adequate. Busy holiday weekend. The takeout at the office is a must visit. Excellent haddock & clams. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Island View Camping