Nearby Lancaster, New Hampshire (Air Miles)
Kwik Stop (Loc Unk)
Lancaster
Mountain Lake Campground
2014-07-14 17:33:49
Lancaster, New Hampshire

yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes
Very nice campground. I was put on site 2; this is probably considered one of their premier sites. The view is spectacular and it close to everything. The problem was, it’s close to the road noise and very close to the new pool and slides. If you don’t mind the noise stay up front, if you want peace and quiet insist on being in the back. I would give up the views for peace and quiet. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2013
Nice campground, narrow roads in and out. Think all of the sites are back-in. Quiet when we were here. Would return again if in the area. Good utilities. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This is our "go-to" Labor Day Weekend campground. I prefer the smaller campgrounds; which this is. The entire area is always so clean; including the pool. The pool is heated and can get crowded, however, it is cyclical - people come and go constantly, so you can find a chair. They have just expanded their cabin rentals, although a few were not completed in time for Labor Day, 2013. The cabins are beautifully built and are interspersed throughout the campground. This campground is definitely gaining in popularity as it was fully booked this Labor Day. You will enjoy your visit here. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Mountain Lake Campground
October 2012

3   7   3   5   9
question  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes
October 2012
This was an awkward, pull through grass site. Since the grass was wet, I needed 4X4 to pull up the grassy slope, into the site. Due to rain, my truck tires tore into the lawn, and my trailer slid slightly sideways and tore gouges in the grass. I needed a one inch board to level side to side. I had to lower the front of my travel trailer to within six inches of the ground to level the trailer, front and rear. The rear of the site was so steep; I had to pull my trailer ½ of the way into the site so I was comfortable my trailer would no slide backwards when unhooked. Sites did have a fire pit and picnic table. The access roads are asphalt and very narrow. I was able to navigate the roads but I was unable to avoid dragging my trailer wheels over the grass on numerous turns. There was a charge for WI-FI. This is not a campground I would return to. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2009
This campground offers really good views of the White Mountains. The grassy sites are terraced into a large hill which overlooks a valley and then a range of mountains. It was beautiful. That being said, this is a campground which has become a little worn around the edges. Everything is clean and nicely landscaped, but the picnic tables are wobbly, the signs are rusty, and the buildings all need a coat of paint. It was still a great place to stay with many good pull-through sites and some great sites for tenting in the woods. The owners were friendly and helpful. The campground was very quiet and did not get highway noise. We would go back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2009
We were not impressed with this campground. The sites are packed together, and you are practically sitting on your neighbor's lap. There was very little shade for the whole area I was in. Campers were up until 1-2am partying. The fireworks were very nice. The shower was FREE, so that was a positive thing. The items at the store were VERY expensive; make sure you go prepared! I will admit the view of the white mountains is spectacular, but not enough so I would go here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Roger's Campground