Nearby Moultonborough, New Hampshire (Air Miles)
M/S Mt Washington
Moultonborough
Bear's Pine Woods Campground
2014-08-01 01:52:37
Moultonborough, New Hampshire

This is a CG that I have camped at many times, although I have not been here in over 10 years. The CG has changed a bit. They have added full hookups at every site (except for the strictly tenting sites). The seasonal population has grown in a big way. This is a disappointing trend that I see at every private CG we visit. I understand the need, I just hope these owners put an effort into preserving the traditional camping experience for us traditional campers. The facilities are nice, and as I remembered them for the most part. Where the game room once was is now a large leisure room with sofas, chairs, a fireplace, and large TV. I had really hoped the Bocci court remained as it was over 10 years ago, unfortunately it has not. The court has been moved, and is not longer even playable. The surface is just loam/dirt, and full of stones and dips. There is no way you could play a decent game of Bocci on it. I was disappointed with this as I remember spending hours enjoying multiple games of Bocci at this CG years ago...times change I guess. The pool was nice, with plenty of places to sit (multiple table & chars sets for lots of folks). The game room is dead. It has been moved to the basement and is now a dark & musty room where a bunch of half broken items sit. The laundry facilities were nice, and we used them. The showers were as I remembered. However, the ventilation system is not working. Couple that with the humid weather and it gets unbelievably stuffy & hot in there while showering. You have to just throw on the bare minimum of clothes so you can open the door to air it out. We did mention this to the owner and he was grateful for the feedback. He said that he is in the process of correcting the shower ventilation system. We also busted his stones about the Bocci court...he said it is on the list...lol The Moutonborough Town Beach access (you get a beach pass from the CG office) was a 5 minute drive away, and was a wonderful beach! It is worth mentioning that the firewood he sells was top notch! No soft wood, and it was perfectly seasoned, easy lighting stuff. So many CG's have absolute crap firewood, and it is a shame. We will be returning for sure! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.