206873 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Columbia, New Jersey (Air Miles)
Shawnee Inn
2013-08-01 07:50:49
Columbia, New Jersey
May 2013

yes (Stream)
yes  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes
May 2013
Thank you Camp Taylor for appreciating our military with two free nights!! Our first ever camping trip was a success! The owners keep the place clean and orderly. The bathrooms were spotless. They have a well stocked store. The campsites were spacious, with a lining of trees between. The hiking was great and wolf preserve was a nice surprise. We'll be back for sure! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
October 2012
I was pleased with our 2 night stay at Camp Taylor. We stayed in site 52 which was very large,secluded and located by a creek. Had a bit of trouble leveling the MH, but nothing that upset me. The park is an ideal secluded type campground for those who want to get away from the rat race and enjoy being in nature. It is very close to some great hiking. We did the 6.5 mile round trip Mt. Tammany hike. The view was gorgeous and worth it, but there is a short section of pretty vertical climb. The staff was very friendly and helped us with hiking choices and places in town. The only critiques I have are that there was a house under construction somewhat close to our campsite and there were times when the construction sounds were a bit disturbing. The showers are very clean, but they were a long walk from our campsite. Yes, the showers did require 25 cents per 5 minutes, which I found a bit odd, but did not bother me. All in all, we would gladly return to this campsite. We enjoyed it very much. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
Nice rustic setting campground, large spacious sites and great location (Delaware Water Gap). We stayed on site 70, which I would recommend for larger RVs, or site 71. Some other sites would be difficult to level on if you are a larger motorhome, due to slope of site. Reason I didn't rate higher was the approximately 3 to 5 miles of over grown, low hanging branches on the road leading to the campground. I had to drive in the center of the road to avoid the tree branches hanging out in the road. Luckily, the road isn't well travel and I was able to go slow, would have been bad if someone had been behind me, or driving in my direction. The campground owner really needs to call State or County maintenance to correct this if he wants returning RVs. Also my surge protector did shut down twice for low voltage. I would still recommend this campground just for the location , atmosphere, and courtesy of staff. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Camp Taylor Campground