Nearby Ojo Caliente, New Mexico (Air Miles)
No Name 106
New Mexico
Ojo Caliente
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa RV Park
2014-06-04 01:16:52
Ojo Caliente, New Mexico

yes  no  no  question  no  yes  yes  no  question  question
question  no  no  question  no  yes  yes  no  question  question
We stayed here to be close to Taos with maybe having the option to soak and do some fancy dining. We got our 35' fifth wheel in spot #11, not that much room to spare though. Most sites were very small, some had shrubs to separate sites, but some didn't. They have a list of sites and what will fit in them; check that out if you have a big rig and make a reservation in advance. There are porta johns in the RV lot; I did not use. I did use the rest rooms in the lobby once or twice though...I am pretty sure they were much nicer! You need a code to open a gate to get to the RV parking which seemed unnecessary; we are pretty much in the middle of nowhere. However outside the gate (twds the spa) is the lot for employees and for locals who hike the trails. Lots of great hiking right from the park. Upon checking in, I was disappointed to have to ask for a map of the grounds and a schedule for the yoga. Then had to go back the next morning to get a map of the hiking trails. I can't say that the map and trail markings were accurate, but we didn't get lost either. As far as I know, there was no map of the rv spots; we found ours all by ourselves. We ended up not taking advantage of their spa or yoga etc We did partake in the wine bar; prices were reasonable considering the location and atmosphere. The service was great. Other dining locations are a short walk to the main road: pizza, taos trail inn steakhouse, cafes. You have to go to the lobby or to the wine bar to use wi-fi. I felt a bit out of place sitting in a spa atmosphere doing my 'business' on my laptop. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We came here to use the hot springs. The campground, while certainly not top rate, was a plus. Everything is dirt and fairly level, with lots of trees and brush and good space between the individual sites. Only outhouses are available unless you walk the quarter mile or so to the spa facilities. There you will find a nice restaurant and bar and a lobby in which you can get WiFi. Shower facilities are available but only if you pay the additional expense to get in to the pool area. Maps for the many hiking/biking trails are at the front desk. This is a wonderful campground for walking your pets. If you want to use the dump you have to get someone from the spa to unlock it for you. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Ranks with the worst parks ever visited. No one maintains the rv section of this "resort". Just driving in a circle to approach a site our rig got 3 big scratches from overgrown bushes. The angles are wrong so you can't come in to back into the spots they say will "fit" a large rv. This place might be OK for a tent camper or a rig under 25', but we have a 34' 5th wheel with 3 slides, and even tho I told the man at the hotel this when checking in, he neglected to tell me that they really didn't have sites for anything that big. He told us they had 50 amp sites. Well, there was ONE 50 amp, everything else was 20 or 30. Trying to get back out was a nightmare. Do yourself a favor and drive on by! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa RV Park