Nearby Chestertown, New York (Air Miles)
Friends Lake Inn

5   7   8   6
question  question  yes  question
question  question  yes  question
July 2012
This is the third time we have stayed at this campground while visiting family, and it is apparent that the facilities are deteriorating. The bright and shiny decorative things shown on the website are now broken and dingy. The camp is about two thirds long term and permanent campers, but there were lots of temporary sites available when we stayed. The campground is under a heavy growth of pine trees so the dirt sites are not level and are lumpy with tree roots. Interior roads are dirt and narrow. Big rigs could be a problem. There is constant loud noise from the Interstate, which is only about 500 feet away. Particularly jarring is the screech when a vehicle goes over a short piece of rough pavement. The trees preclude satellite TV and the cable is sometimes pretty good but at other times is very snowy and unwatchable. Wi-Fi is good but only near the office. I was unable to connect at my site. We were here on weekdays and electric power was only 108 volts with the A/C running. I do not know what it would be when the campground is fully populated. The pool is clean and there are some new inflatable items for kids in the playground. The next time we visit this area we will look for another campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
Good full hookup park. Mostly seasonal campers, very quiet during our visit. Cable had over 65 clear channels. Power very good. Felt at $30 it was over priced, and they give no discounts. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
It was nice. A little loud. Lots of traffic. Everyone was nice, and I would go back. We camped here in a Tent.
Display older reviews for Country Haven Campground

yes (River)
10   4   7   10   4   7
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  question
June 2012
All I can say is I had a great time at the best campground, I have stayed at in years. Everyone was friendly. The trees are beautiful; so tall and lush. I fell asleep watching them sway in the warm evening breeze. The showers where clean and good hot water. The river was nice. I rented a small canoe for the day. I thought the rate was very reasonable for the canoe and the camp sight. Almost cheep for the best time i have had in years. I am going back soon. We camped here in a Tent.
July 2011
It was definitely tricky to maneuver through this campground with our 35 footer. There was really nowhere to turn around at the bottom. At check-in, the woman directed us to what she considered a turn-around, but it had an incredibly small radius. Fortunately we were able to back up onto the volleyball court and make the turn. Our site was tucked into hemlock pines, and was just beautiful. However, the constant noise from the highway, just a 1/4 mile nearby, negated any sense of peacefulness. The pool was advertised as heated, but was not. It was very cold, so my daughters wouldn't swim in it. We rented tubes from the campground and floated down the Schroon River. Unfortunately, we were told in the CG office that the float would be about 2 1/2 hours. It took us four hours. If it hadn't of been such warm water, that could have been a bit of a dangerous situation. I'd advise folks to do a bit more research about the float than we did, as there wasn't a lot of information or advise from the office here. Because of the highway noise, downtrodden aspect of the campground, and night-time partying of the seasonal campers (even on a Wednesday night), we would not return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2009
This park is beautiful. There are lots of permanent residents and they are very friendly. The small beach on the river is nice. The laundry does not have hot water and the floor was dirty. The water pressure was so low that we used the on board tank and pump when showering-even the Oxygenics shower head dribbled. We would stay there again but not plan to get laundry done there. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Rancho Pines Campground