Nearby Le Roy, New York (Air Miles)
Frost Ridge Ski Area
Roberts Wesleyan College
2348 Rte 19
New York
Le Roy
The Ridge NY Recreation & Camping (formerly Frost Ridge Campground)
2014-07-16 23:29:23
Le Roy, New York

2   7   6   7   6   10   8   3   8
no  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
no  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
Because of the 'concert' we had no interest in, the rate for our week here was VERY over priced. The map shows a mini-golf course; it hasn't been there for years. The G section of the map is on the steepest hill we ever camped on--awful. The pool was never cleaned. Some creepy employee kept hanging around the women's room every time our neighbor's 12 year old niece went to take a shower! I have seen much nicer playgrounds in people's yards. There were no activities except: a bounce house that seemed randomly put up on no schedule, a fun wagon ride one of the nights for the kids, and a day water gun wagon ride. Won't stay here ever again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
Nice little campground on the former site of a ski resort. Sites are tiered on hills to provide nice views, but require some up and down hill driving to reach some sites. Staff was very friendly and helped us choose the best site for our needs by driving us to a couple of sites and letting us decide. Some sites are reserved by seasonals, but can be rented when the owners aren't using them. Positioning of utilities varied, so some are best left to towed vehicles rather than motorhomes. We stayed one night and paid $44 for a premium 50-amp full hookup site with the Good Sam discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2011
We stayed here while visiting friends in Rochester. The location is great with easy access from the Interstate. The host/owners were very friendly and helpful. We would have rated this higher, but the campground needs a lot of work. The owners are improving it daily. The day we arrived about half of the campground was flooded and they had a hard time placing us. Our 40' motorhome was too large for the site we had to use and hung over on another site. We enjoyed the live music provided. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for The Ridge NY Recreation & Camping (formerly Frost Ridge Campground)
July 2012

9   7   5
yes  question  question
yes  question  question
July 2012
My four children, wife, and I purchased our first a fifth wheel and had a wonderful two week experience. We never owned an RV and the owner backed us in, hooked us up, and went over the basics. We were on the seasonal level at the bottom of the hill and were quite pleased with the wide open spaces. The kids fished in the 2 acre "lake", more of a pond, and had a blast. There are two play areas and a pool. My wife and I had fun playing in the arcade that had old games. There is a small store that has all the camp stuff and a mini golf course. They made friends for life. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2010
I was not sure about this park based on reviews or lack of. This is a basic no frills park, grass sites, older, remote. But what I enjoyed about this park was that they were very friendly, very helpful, the seasonal people were very friendly as well. There was great shade trees in the longer stay area (we stayed for nearly two weeks) I also enjoyed the price, $170 per week. Laundry room was clean, the park was a quiet place. It is close to the Interstate for an easy on/off. If you want a fast pace park with tons of amenities, then this is not the place, but if you want a place to relax, try this park, you will not be disappointed. They do say that WiFi is not available park wide, yet I was able to access a WiFi connection with a fast 54mb speed. Maybe I was hooked into a locals system, but I was pleasantly pleased with my choice to stay here. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2007
This park is about 1 hour east of Niagara Falls and 15 minutes from Rochester New York. Located right off I-90. We stopped here after a long day's drive en route to the Northeast. The pull through site are all grass with full hook ups. Didn't get out of the RV to check anything out as it was just a overnighter for us. I would recommend this park for a overnighter only. The pull through site which is apparently the only place they put overnighters is close to I-90 and you can hear the road noise if you are outside. It did not disturb us inside the RV. The rates were very affordable and I plan to use this same campground on the way back home. We camped here in a Motorhome.