Nearby Hot Springs, North Carolina (Air Miles)
North Carolina

9   9   4   7   8
question  question  question  no  question
question  question  question  no  question
October 2011
This park was in a great location. Walking distance to downtown Hot Springs and the spa. The Appalachian Trail goes through the town and along the river, so I was able to accomplish a goal by "hiking" the AP. The bathhouses were minimal, but not a problem since there were sewer hookups. Great little town and beautiful location so we would probably stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2010
Very nice park along the river: quiet and restful. Hiked way back in the campground along the river. Good place to eat: Iron Rail. There is a very neat Craft Gallery next door. Not much else, but relaxation in the Hot Springs across the road. Campground is very clean. Love to come here as much as possible, especially in the winter to enjoy the tubs. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
June 2010
This is my first post and I am really sorry it has to be a negative experience with Hot Springs and Spa resort in North Carolina on the French Broad River. We advanced paid for camping on the best (so called) full hook up site on the French Broad river. Site 443. Right next to us is the deluxe camping for tents which means they have water and electric but must be in tents. The campground itself was good however, the streets were very muddy in the rain and very dusty when it didn't rain. They could have used some gravel in the roadways to help with that situation. The tent campers seem to have big dogs that were barking a lot and defecating around the sites. Some owners would pick up the waste, others laughed about it and didn't pick it up. The security gate/guard was a joke. Anyone could come into the campground any time of the day. Some folks we saw went to the back of the campground were naked in the river swimming. We had a family emergency which made us leave in haste and basically forfeited our camp fees . We paid $562.00 for 2 weeks and stayed here only 5 days. The down side of this whole situation. We had made reservations in the spa resort part for a massage and hot tub which would total $225.00 for my wife and myself. I called as soon as I could and tell them I couldn't do the spa and massage due to this family emergency and they charged my credit card $200.00. When we signed up for the spa they did not tell us anything about a cancellation policy or anything in writing. So needless to say, we are disputing the $200.00 charge. So stay away! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Hot Springs Campground