Nearby Mill Spring, North Carolina (Air Miles)
River Creek Cg
September 2010

question  question
question  question
September 2010
We made a reservation to stay here and had a late arrival. Upon arrival we were given a site number and sent along our way. The first site we saw had a broken down truck on it with flat tires and cans running over in the bed. The bath house didn't look like anything I would let my children go in. Lot's of campers looked like they had been there for ages. The roads were rough and in need of repair. We decided to leave, and as we pulled up to the office there were two people outside, and the first thing I heard was, "What's wrong" and not in a friendly way. I informed them it wasn't what was advertised, and the male told the female to give us our money back. She complained and gripped the entire time trying to make me feel like I had done something wrong. Never did get a refund since I made an online reservation. I hope these people get this place cleaned up; it looked as if it could be a really nice campground with some work. Most of all I hope the lady there gets a better attitude towards customers. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2007
Owner decided to put us in a site next to her house outside of the main camping area. We thought that we were in the overflow area, but discovered the next morning that less then a third of the campground were in use and of those sites in use most were permanent setups. Why she put us in the site she did is beyond me, but as we were only going to be there one additional night it would have been more trouble to move to a different site. The site we were in provided no appreciable camping experience. As we said, the site was located in the owner's side yard. We couldn't use the picnic table because it was within 3 feet of the sewer access and was a child size setup. Our view on that side of the travel trailer was of a metal garden shed butted up to the pad the picnic table was on, an old mobile home being used as storage or a workshop, a rusting pickup truck and a gaggle of rusting lawn equipment. We were so close to the road that ran up into the main camping area that we could not deploy our awing or light a fire due to concerns that it might interfere with traffic. Though the campground was fairly quiet the weekend we were there, there was evidence of 4 wheelers and dirt bikes having been run through various campsites in the main area. As for the amenities, the swimming pool was one that you would have in the back yard of your home, the putt putt golf setup was less than 5 holes, we didn't see the game room which was housed in a metal building. The camp store where we checked in was dirty and clearly in need of being spruced up. This is a family run campground and we got the impression that the family might have taken on more than they could easily take care of. The campground roads and some of the sites were in need of scraping and regraveling and our site plus the site next to us should not exist. The owners also have a u-haul franchise set up at the entrance and their whitewater equipment as well. There was little if any evidence of security and people roamed the area all day and night. We will not be going back to this campground as we do not feel that we were treated to a good camping experience. The owners do not seem to care much about their campground or their customers. With a lot of TLC this campground could be spectacular, but I am doubtful it will happen. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.