Nearby Moravian Falls, North Carolina (Air Miles)
1834 Winkler St

yes (Stream)
8   7   8   7
question  yes  question  question
question  question  question  question
The campground is unique in the fact that really no one stays there nightly. There are a few RVs that stay there full time. There was a pool but it is no longer used, and the Internet does not work unless you go to the office and sit there to use it. We only got one station on TV, which was PBS. But I must say, the people who own and run this facility are amazing! They were so kind and sweet that we would definitely stay there again. It's quiet and it has a beautiful waterfall that you can walk to, and a little stream and a fishing pond. We slept well there since it is so quiet, and enjoyed the solitude. Would highly recommend it if this is what you are looking for. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Nice, shaded campground, with the waterfalls adding to the beautiful scenery. Very friendly staff who are very helpful to visitors, as it was our first time there. The majority of the lots are small and not paved, barely any gravel left, mostly grass. I recommend the lower lot, especially for visitors with larger motorhomes because the pond, office, bath house and everything is in the lower lot, and there IS a very sharp, steep turn to get into the upper lot. No pool, no playground for kids, but our kids still had fun. I recommend this campground for the beauty and quiet, and a 45 minute drive to Boone and Blowing Rock. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2009
I recently stayed here for 2 weeks while working at a local hospital. The ONLY campsite in the area! The owners were incredibly helpful and very friendly to accommodate my needs. I'm in a 40' Class A, and please let me give you a warning! The camping area for 50 amp service is UP HILL! You have to make a very sharp (and wide) left-hand turn into the camp area, then up another hill on a sharp right-hand turn to get to your spot. Not for the "faint at heart" to climb. However, after you get up and settled in, the area is absolutely beautiful! I just so happened to hit it during the late Fall / Autumn. The near by Moravian Falls in practically in your back door, and it is very therapeutic to be around. I learned quickly that silence is loud! Well worth the stay, but don't think I'll be making the trip up the hill again. Probably stay in the lower part with the 30 amp services. (This is near the pool area) Hope you find it as wonderful and I did some day! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Moravian Falls Family Campground