Nearby Sneads Ferry, North Carolina (Air Miles)
Onslow Bch Rec Area
2014-08-11 12:09:39
Sneads Ferry, North Carolina

yes  question
no  question
New park, New management. We arrived later than planned and Manager didn't bother with paperwork then, got us parked and told us not to worry setting up, come eat as they were having a large campground cookout. Beautiful place. Will be going back. I know some have differing experiences due to the management change and it's for the best. Within 1 month the new manager has cleaned up the marsh, installed a playground, and was ready to break ground on the bath house. Not sure of status now in August. All new fire rings were dropped off day before my May visit. Talking with manager I learned many projects were in the works. Cable TV, Internet, more playground additions, more campsites. I recommended good Internet since most everything is streamed now including TV. The over the air reception was excellent on all channels and has most channels I've ever received (over 24). If you want peace and quiet, do a little fishing, reading, relaxing etc, look no further this is the place you want to be. Only time I fell asleep in my chair it was so nice. Its not that far from Topsail Beach if you want to go there but this place is nice and secluded. I hope they put in a place for dog water access. I have 2 chocolate labs and they were dying to get to the water. I plan to return in October and am anxious as to what all has been completed with the projects. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2014
We wanted to stay in this campground since it's near where we live. When we visited we wanted to book a site for the next weekend. We were told by the manager, who had just started working there, that the rate of $35 on the website was going to be $45 by the weekend because they were getting fresh gravel (the website has since been changed and it says $45 now). We found our site and wanted to get our reservation made and paid for. She would not take our reservation because there was a camping group coming in of about 8 and she "wanted to see what sites they wanted to have first" before we could get our site. She took our name and number and told us to call her later in the week. We ran into the same manager at the RV show that weekend and greeted her warmly. She did not bother to look up from her cell phone. So we decided she did not want our business. It's a really pretty campground, but we like to feel welcome when we travel and stay places. We were made to feel unwelcome. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.