219095 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Statesville, North Carolina (Air Miles)
1116 Crossroads Dr
"Holiday Kamper 1220 Morland Drive (Located To Block, Not On Map!) Coming Soon"
North Carolina Auto Rac
169 Norman Station B
North Carolina
Statesville
Statesville / I-77 KOA
2014-08-23 23:25:07
Statesville, North Carolina

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
We stayed here for 1 week. It is an older campground and not a KOA campground any more. We were happy with the campground. It was very quiet during the week. No activities planned during the week but on the weekend they did have activities for children. Staff was friendly. Pool was very clean. Our site was a pull-through by the pond and had a nice deck for us to use. Bathhouses were nice, clean and well ventilated, with good lighting as was the laundry room. The down side is the Wi-Fi. It was very slow but the office did warn us about that on check-in. The cable was good. If you are looking for fancy this might not be your place. If you want quiet and laid back this is a good place for you. We would stay there again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
I got last minute reservations so I can't complain much about the spot I got , but it was too small for my rig and too close to the neighbors. I was afraid to make a fire, it was so close. Pool is clean, but they must allow the public to pay to swim as all chairs are full with towels and people. Late night fireworks are tough on the dog. They have a few decent looking sites. It's overpriced for what you get here. Wi-Fi is extremely throttled to the point it's barely usable. The people seemed nice enough, but be careful here, you can really do some damage to your rig by dragging. I don't think I will come back. We camped here in a Motorhome.
As others have mentioned, this is a great campground if you are just passing through the area and need a place to stop the night. We arrived very late and I was surprised to find a very friendly gentleman waiting for us. He signed us in and guided us to our site, a pull through in a pretty much open field. We spent several days, visiting friends in the area, and all staff encounters were great, very nice people. The sites are mostly pull throughs in an open area. They are level, all have picnic tables, some have grills, but there are no fire rings and sites are close together. The highway is right next to the campground, and can be very noisy, though it did not bother us in the trailer with the A/C on. Bathhouses were nice, clean and well ventilated, with good lighting. The entire park was very clean and well kept. We would camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Midway Campground Resort (formerly Statesville East I-40 Winston-Salem

question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
All in all decent place. Staff friendly and helpful. WiFi and cable were good. Sites are a bit close together. Amenities were nice, and general store nice. Nice dog park. Very easy on off hwy with fuel station right by the park. Site not really level enough for me, and sewer location pretty far away. This was a pull through but barely accommodated our 36 feet with toad. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here 4 years ago and liked it enough to stay again on this trip. Sites are level, utilities including cable and WIFI worked well, park including restrooms/showers are nice and clean, friendly manager. Highway noise is there but didn't disturb my sleep any. You should be aware that the park was full the night we stayed and was mid week so I would suggest advanced reservations be made. I would stay again We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2013
Very nice campsite, with level sites, full services, and conveniently located off the highway. Laundry facilities were excellent, and the staff were super friendly. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Statesville / I-77 KOA