Nearby Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia (Air Miles)
"4 Star Riverland Campground & Rv Par, 419 C.P.Thompson Rd, (902) 883-7115 "
Halifax International Air

3   9   1   2
no  yes  question  question
no  yes  question  question
September 2014
I was very disappointed in this campground. When we booked it was for 3-way (full) service as there was a group of 3 campers, 2 which wanted sewer hookups. When we arrived we were told that there was no sewer hookup, only a dump station. Also, we had called and specifically asked to be placed close to a bathroom. We were but it had been shut down for the season. The other washroom was not close to us, as we had previously requested. So here we are in a tent trailer, with bathroom facilities too far away. And, as I told the owner when I went to tell them that the other bathroom was locked, my husband was not able to walk that far and now we would have to drive him to the bathroom. She was very polite but did not offer any other suggestions, or offer to move us to another site. The bathroom was dated and had a cloth hanging in the paper towel holder for EVERYONE to use which I found quite disgusting. And the best part of the weekend was the rules about quiet time. That was a joke. The music (from many sites around us) was playing so loudly that we could not have a conversation in our trailer without yelling to each other. This went on until about 2:00 AM. I didn't have small children with me but I pity anyone who did. I'm sure they wouldn't have slept at all. Overall I was sadly disappointed in this campground and have no plans on ever going back there. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Friendly staff, had a lot of fun white water rafting nearby. Very spacious and beautiful. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
August 2010
After driving through this park in our toad (towed vehicle), we decided to not stay here. This is a very shabby park with many many sites occupied by very rundown trailers and motorhome units that could only be described as junk. Whether these units are used as fishing camps for nearby waters wasn't clear but we did comment to ourselves that if we were ever "on the run" from law enforcement that this would be a place to hide out. The park is accessible by a long rough road (route 215), and the trees overhang and make it appears as though a big rig would have some difficulty moving around and under the trees. There were no sewer hookups visible anywhere, but we did see a "Honey Wagon" vehicle which we presume could be used for dumps. We would not recommend this park under any circumstance, and spent the night in a nearby Church parking lot. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Wispering Winds Family Campground