206486 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Canal Winchester, Ohio (Air Miles)
6647 Winchester Blvd
Walnut Hill Golf Course
Meijer 144
Rickenbacker International
Meijer 212
Wal-Marti-270:52 3579 S High St (Located To Block)
Kahiki
Square 13 Historic Dist
Bexley'S Monk
Capital University
Sams Club?I-70:112 2675 Taylor Rd (Located To Street)
Port Columbus Internatio

8   7   8   10   2   8
question  question  yes  yes  no  yes
question  question  yes  yes  no  yes
September 2012
My review is exactly the same as the other review for Sept 2012 on this Campground. Another Big Rig and I stayed here for 3 weeks, and we had the best time there. The firewood was a little over priced, but the maintenance man and staff were the best. The older lady staff person, not so much. Virgin Mobil phone service was fair and good enough to tether off of. We we really enjoyed the stay and would not shop for another park in the area. I will return. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
If you are the adventurous type and want to save $20 a day, this campground is for you. Coming from the North, you exit off I-71 onto I-270, then onto US-33, then south on Gender Rd, then south on Lithopolis Rd through the town of Lithopolis, then down Cedar Hill Rd (a 2-lane, no shoulder black top) and finally right at the yellow Jackson Lake sign. I say all this to make the point that this is not easy to find. A good GPS would really help. The pot holed entrance road is sometimes old asphalt, sometimes gravel and sometimes dirt. Watch for the low hanging tree branches. They claim to be big rig friendly, but I would say big rig possible instead. Past all this you come to a very large open area with shelters, pavilions and numerous full time residents in unit s in fair repair. Eventually the road turns to dirt and you pull onto a grass pad. We put our jacks to work to get things level. A Winnebago Vectra pulled in next to us. You have to stand on your head and reach down 18 inches into a hole to connect your water hose. 50 amps is available. Water pressure was 40 PSI and our SurgeGuard had no faults indicated. The sewer cap is not threaded. There is no Cable TV. My antenna picked up the following digital channels; 6.1, ABC; 6.2, THIS; 10.1, CBS; 10.2, Local Weather; and; 28.1, Fox. There is trash pick up. Verizon cellular is 4 out of 5 bars. WiFi is available from the Nexu Mesh Network for $3 a day. Sign up and credit card are required. We would look around before staying here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
July 2012
We just spent a weekend at this campground. The pool was very nice for our family and the fishing at the lake was amazing. My 7 year old caught 4 fish within 15 minutes> He was so excited. The campground has a lot of seasonal campers. Some of those sites were really well kept while others not so much. There was a family movie outside one night and planned activities during the day for the kids. I talked to a few campers who are regulars who informed me the park is under new management within the last year and has had lots of improvements with more to come. There is also a nice Frisbee golf course that we used. They had some basketball hoops which all need some renovating . The staff that I talked to were all very nice and helpful with anything we needed . There is also a nice small playground that my kids enjoyed. Overall this is nice campground that we would return to. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Jackson Lake Park