Nearby Stillwater, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
Stillwater Bay
September 2012

question  question
question  no
September 2012
Pretty basic campground, but we did get a level pull-through. The sites are gravel and there is a laundry room. There is free WiFi, but it's pretty slow. If you just need a place to stay at night, this would be fine. We camped here in a Motorhome.
January 2010
About 10 miles off of of I-35. A good place to spend the night. Gravel pads. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
140+

8   4   9   8   8   7
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
We stayed two nights here. Fairly close to town if necessities needed, our site had no shade, but others did...I "dropped in" on 5 July and got a site, so was not choosy. The person at the office desk was very nice, put us in a nice long pull thru and the stay was very nice. Would stay here again. The lake was almost red from recent rains, but not their fault. Seems to be well maintained overall. We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2012
We arrived on a Sunday afternoon we were fortunate to get a lakefront spot and were not disappointed that the lake was beautiful. What was unfortunate was the condition of the beachfront in camp and the campsite itself which had trash strewn everywhere from previous campers. Even in our fire ring someone had left there eggshells from a breakfast cooked outdoors. It's amazing the way some people treat such a treasure. We camped here in a Motorhome.
February 2012
We love camping here! We are always taken care of really well and the facilities are very nice. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Lake Carl Blackwell Campgrounds

9   8   10   8   3   10   5
question  question  question  yes  no  yes  yes
question  question  question  yes  no  question  yes
June 2012
This is the second time we stayed here and will be returning each year we come to Oklahoma. The atmosphere is friendly, quiet and is family-owned. The owners welcome people and treat them like friends. The Wi-Fi is great. The laundry facility is small with only two washers and dryers. The fact that they have storm shelters is definitely a plus for this area of the country. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2012
When we first pulled up to this place we thought it looked to be a really funky place, not one we would spend a lot of time at. The spaces are pretty tight and kind of oddly organized around the owners' home. They are gravel and there were some pull through sites, lots of permanent residents. The laundry was small but clean. The owners' were busy tiling one of the shower rooms. So, we are thinking "very funky" and weren't really ready to give the place a high rating. When the first night settled in and we began the experience of a HUGE storm with six hrs of continuous thunder & lightening, drenching rain, hail and ferocious winds I will have to say the fact that the park came with two storm shelters negated all of our other impressions. When the sirens went off and we actually had to go into the shelters (after the owners ran around in the rain and dark waking us all up) we were even more impressed and grateful. The other park in town doesn't have shelters. We would definitely return to this park if we are in the area. The shelters made all the difference! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
Nightly rate is based on monthly rent with 50 amp service. This is a quiet small park located on the east edge of Stillwater. As such it is convenient for getting to the shopping/restaurant area which mostly is located along Perkins Road -- about 2 miles west. I stayed here for 2 months during July and August. I hunkered down to try to avoid driving and being out any more than I had to in the more than 50 days of 100+ degree heat that hit the midwest this summer. I visited with friends in Stillwater and square danced in OKC while I was there. I had just bought my motor home and was a total newbie. The owners were very helpful in helping me get set up. They gave me many useful tips and helped me get used to backing up to park a 37' motorhome. The lots are gravel and there are just a couple of spots with shade. During the school year there are a number of OSU students who stay here. During home football weekends they are booked solid with their long term residents and OSU football fans. The Wi-Fi worked better than my US Cellular air card. In fact, it was very fast. They have 2 storm shelters which are easy to get to. Fortunately, we did not need them while I was there, but the fact that they had them was very reassuring. I did not use the laundry, bathrooms or showers so I can't speak to them. This is an excellent place for a few day's stay or for staying for a week or so as you sightsee in the area. There is no clubhouse nor planned activities so it is not a resort and one should not go there expecting that. I will definitely stay in this park when I visit my friends there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Wildwood Acre RV Park