Nearby Thackerville, Oklahoma (Air Miles)
Aor Rod Rpip C2C Pa Thackerville Ok - Red River Ranch
2014-10-15 22:22:51
Thackerville, Oklahoma

yes  yes  question  question  no  yes  yes  no  yes  no
yes  yes  question  question  no  yes  yes  no  yes  no
We intended to stay here for 2 nights and ended up staying 5 nights as the Passport America price is so reasonable. The park is pleasant and comfortable with a great pool, nice showers and laundry, plus you can select your own site under one of the big shade trees. The staff was friendly and helpful, the grass was freshly mowed and we didn't notice any burrs. This is an older park but very well kept. We have previously stayed in the RV park at Winstar, however we will be staying here in the future. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This campground sits between exits 1 and 5 along I-35. Either exit takes you to a bumpy paved road leading to this park that backs up on I-35. With the windows up and air on there is no road noise, but windows open and you can hear some highway noise and a train. The road around the park is paved and the sites are level gravel. There are a variety of site choices but if you want a 50amp spot long enough to park your big rig and toad without unhooking you will need to get a water/electric only site. They were plenty long for our 40ft class A and Jeep but have no picnic table. All sites are full of stickers and goat heads, so beware. There is no WIFI or cable, but Sprint 3G and hotspot worked well. We did not get a chance to check out the amenities. Read the rules when you arrive, there are several that will get you kicked out without a refund. It is sparsely treed so no trouble finding open sky for your satellite We camped here in a Motorhome.
Stayed one night under Resorts of Distinction membership in transit from TX to KS. Pretty much the same as prior stays, significant road noise from I-35 and the sand burrs are plentiful. 50 amp power and water and sewer all OK. Good Verizon cell and hotspot data service. Sites were open for our rooftop dish. Pool looked very inviting but no time to play. Winstar Casino has restarted free senior breakfast on Wednesday & Thursday. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Red River Ranch RV Resort
October 2014

yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
October 2014
We stayed here only because we got a 2 free nights coupon I the mail based on our stay last October. See that review for a detailed physical description of the park. This time we had a full hookup, pull-through, cement site that was as sloped from left to right as any newer cement site I've ever had. There is no cable TV, but all sites appear to be satellite friendly. At check-in we were not given any instruction concerning their Wi-Fi network. After trying to connect for a while, I returned to the office. There, the first person I spoke too tried and couldn't make the connection either. The second (a manager), did it in seconds. A simple instruction sheet should be handed out at check-in. I lost the connection several times during our stay. Not good for a large park that had less than 40 RVs in it. Due to several cool nights recently, the pool water was too cold to enjoy. The biggest annoyance was the large lumber fire (the flames went 20' in the air) started by employees to clear downed trees just yards west of the RV park. The resulting smoke stunk up the park from noon forward on our full day. This park should be great, but little things ruined our stay. I am not talking about a "bland" bathrooms as a previous reviewer did. Those bathrooms, by the way, are painted. The problem is that the floors, walls, and ceilings are all painted beige - the same color as the metal stall walls. If all the sink counters and plumbing fixtures were beige, you wouldn't be able to see "what was what". I agree that $50 is pricey if you don't have money to burn like some folks. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2014
This is possibly the nicest RV park we have stayed in over the 35 years my wife and I have been RVing. The pull-through sites were originally double sites that are now single sites. You can choose to pull in in either direction. The sites are very long with wide patios. Nice separation between sites with grass between each site. The park is part of an Indian casino facility and offers free shuttle to the casino for those interested. The rate reflects joining their Players Club, which is no cost. We stayed in a 38 foot rig and would stay here again if in the area. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2014
As a first time guest our night was free, thank you Winstar. The park is very nice with smooth paved roads, long level paved pads, and the landscaping was immaculate. All the sites were cut and manicured. Check-in was smooth and quick with friendly staff. Shuttle takes you to the beautiful casino that has 13 restaurants. The only problem I had was with the bathrooms. The building exterior is very nice, but the inside could not be more bland or boring. No decorations at all, plain concrete floors and walls that need painting. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for WinStar RV Park