Nearby Aurora, Oregon (Air Miles)
Champoeg State Heritage Area 36 2 3
2013-09-24 22:30:01
Aurora, Oregon

question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
question  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
We stayed here for one night, and this is not what we had hoped for. We got placed in a pull-through spot in the south lot, which is filled with nothing but old, ratty looking coaches and trailers. Just about every site is filled with permanent residents. There is no Wi-Fi in the park itself, just the clubhouse. Good thing is our private cable modem worked when we hooked up the cable, which we did because the trees block satellite. The space is long enough for us to leave our dinghy attached, and there is a very large grassy area right outside our door, which is great for the dogs. But those are the only compliments we can give because this is not a place to stay unless you have to. Would not come back unless we had no choice. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This park is overpriced for what it offers. Location is next to an all night convenience store/gas station that accommodates all types of vehicles including 18 wheelers. Quite noisy all night. Park's Wi-Fi is only available "in the clubhouse" as we were so rudely told. It's 2013--who doesn't offer Wi-Fi throughout the park? State parks don't but they don't charge high prices either. The spaces were quite narrow and in order to allow room to open the slides, the entry side was right on the grass which, in our case, had a leak causing us to have to walk on muddy, mushy grass. Would not recommend nor would we stay there again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
The pull-through site we stayed in was level but pretty narrow. I had to angle the trailer just right so I could open both the slide and the awning. The location is right off the freeway and near a gas station, which I felt was convenient. (The added noise or lights really didn't bother me.) They have a lot of rules for space maintenance/storage which seemed to apply mainly to non-residents. They allow dogs, but be sure to check the restrictions here as well. The pool was small but clean. The residents were very friendly. The bathrooms were decent, better than some other places we've stayed. There was a "septic" odor which made me verify that my lines were connected properly. There was not a lot of extra guest parking. Overall the grounds were clean and well maintained. I wouldn't call it a vacation spot, but if you are traveling along I-5 though Oregon and need a place to stop, I would recommend them. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Aurora Acres RV Resort