Nearby Burns, Oregon (Air Miles)
Pine Room Cafe
Burns RV Park
2014-10-02 06:32:39
Burns, Oregon
September 2014

question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question  question
September 2014
Shore Services electric is good in the newer sections. There are some that are fused and I had a problem early in the morning and was with out power until the office opened, Sewer good, Water @ 70psi. I didn't use the Wi-Fi but used Verizon air card which worked very well. AT&T Cell phone has good signal strength. Cable is fuzzy on some channels and could be better. Sites are good with plenty of room between them. If you have a Very large RV you will find a number of pull thru sites that will accommodate you. I didn't use restrooms, showers or laundry. There are Long term tenants but they are in a separate section and kept quite nice. Payment with credit card is accepted. The owner is very nice and offered me an additional night free or my money back when the power went out. I stayed the weekend and was very pleased with the different site that I was given. Also, if you like a great chicken fried steak ask the office about Eddy's Truck stop Café on Hwy 20. I would definitely stay here when in the area again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very nice park, this is the second stay we have had here. Sites are roomy, easy to access. There is some highway noise but with the windows closed we could barely hear them. There were lovely birds in the morning to listen to and watch. Great for walking the dog. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We spent 3 nights at this park. The park is quiet, clean and very well maintained. Best of all...the parking spaces are all VERY SPACIOUS. Very easy to get in and out. Our host (Judy) was very friendly and professional. Bottom line .....would we stay here again? ABSOLUTELY! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Burns RV Park

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes
September 2014
This place is the best. We do this full time. In other words we live in our RV all the time. For the last 3 and a half years. We go to a lot of RV parks. This is not a resort, but it clean, nice laid out well and has a huge pond that's 101°F, all the time. It's a mineral spring. This place is quite, nice, fantastic, and it's my all-time favorite RV park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We planned on staying for only one night but if you want sewer you must stay two nights. They only have 4 sites with electric, water, sewer, and 5 sites with water and electric. They also have sleeping cabins and tent area. The main draw for us was the hot springs pond. The temp was around 102 and very relaxing. It is small volcanic gravel bottom so some type of shoe is recommended. They also have private hot tubs available at an extra cost. The pond is used for day use and draws in quite a few people. There are only 2 restrooms and 2 showers which both had a waiting line but were clean. There is a very nice common room with kitchen facilities and television. No cable TV or WiFi available at our site. Its a shame the grounds are ruined by an area of junk. Old building, old campers, and heavy equipment make the area an eyesore. They do accept Passport America for 1 nite bringing the rate to $10. Not sure if we would return. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2014
My wife and I stayed here in March 2014 for eight days and were very pleased with the Park. We had a very nice pull through in the back by the huge dog area. Very friendly owners and well maintained park. I will definitely stay again. Rate was weekly. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Crystal Crane Hot Springs
July 2011

July 2011
This is a primitive US Forest Service campground adjacent to US-395 about 20 miles north of the town of Burns, OR (closest town) located on the west side of the highway. I think it was about 55 miles south of the town of John Day, OR. We "dry" camped here for a family reunion. We used the one site in the middle of the campground that would accommodate two large fifth wheel trailers and several tents. Other sites are a mix of back-in and pull-through. Most are relatively small. The roads are narrow and it took some work with walk alongside guides for me to move my 40 footer through the campground around several curves to the site. I pre-walked my route out to make sure I had a good handle on where I had to start my turns to clear the large Ponderosa pine trees. No significant problems other than a few rubs against some low hanging branches that waxed out when I got home. If you need a great deal of room to move your rig through a campground don't even try this one. Once you enter you are committed to a curving route through the entire campground or you have to back out onto US-395 (really bad plan). The campground is right alongside US-395 but we rarely heard much road noise even when outside. Much of that is probably due to this campground's very rural setting and the fact that there just isn't much traffic on US-395. The campground is designated by the US Forest Service as a "horse" campground and as such it has a corral and hitching posts. There was no smell or fly problem as those facilities are quite a ways away from the actual camping area. We saw two horse there briefly during our stay. I suspect during the fall hunting season the campground sees more. There were maybe 3-4 other small groups camping here. It doesn't see much use except during the fall. The restroom is brand new and was in great shape. It's a pit toilet with no running water. It stayed in great shape except for the lowlife that pulled in late one night and his young wife threw up all over the floor and drove away. Our group carried water in and washed the floor out. There is a solar power water supply system and it is slowwwwwww!! Figure 20-30 minutes to fill a five gallon container. Make sure your RV fresh water tank is topped off prior to arrival. No sewer hookups or dump facilities. Plan on hauling it out with you. Some of the sites have US Forest Service concrete picnic tables (ours did). Even with it's shortcomings it's a beautiful location and we had a special family reason for wanting to be there. With a little planning and a few extras (we had two 6000kW generators, a Traeger BBQ grill, and many other self managed amenities it was a wonderful trip. I'd recommend it for a getaway from people location any time. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.

no  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question
no  yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question
September 2012
Easy access and generous gravel sites for all sizes of rigs next to a small casino with adequate restaurant. The park has a few trees that are too small for shade and no grass. Rest rooms and showers were very clean. The only other campers were a fifth wheel, the absent host's beat-up trailer and a guy living in the back of his pick-up. Casino website has been out-of-date for years, but they say they can't correct it. We'll go elsewhere next time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2012
Came here to stay one night as we wanted to see Diamon Crater (a waste of time as it turned out). Arrived at the campground and only one trailer was there and it was a piece of junk with lots of trash around it. Turned out it was the hosts trailer. We did not stay. Drove 20 miles to the west and stayed at a nice BLM campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for The Old Camp Casino (Closed)