Nearby Dayton, Oregon (Air Miles)
Lafayette Schoolhouse Ant
Dayton
Willamette Wine Country RV Park
2014-07-04 04:42:29
Dayton, Oregon

question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
This looks like an older park trying to upgrade. The cable is analog TV and does not come in well. The sites are narrow with slides out. They could use some better maintenance of the grounds. The first thing we had to do was to clean up our site after someone's dog. Then sweep the cement pad and remove the weeds from the cracks. Everything else seems to work well. You have to make your reservation on-line. When you call they say they return calls twice a day. This was not our first choice for this area and while there is nothing bad about this park we will probably look elsewhere if we are in the area again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
When we made our reservation about a month ago, we requested the same site as we had previously stayed in. They had our information so they knew which one it was. We called back about a week ahead of time and confirmed and they assured us again our site was available. At check in at 3:00 in the afternoon after a days drive, the office was closed for lunch. Lunch at 3:00 during prime check in time? Once the office was open, I told them someone was in our site. They informed me that that was not the site I was reserved in. As the owner/manager was away, we checked with her a few days later, there was on record of the site being changed and she confirmed that we should have been in that site. The rig in the site we had reserved has had no one in it the whole time we have been here and they have a "team" getting to the bottom of the mix up. I don't know if I wold stay here again since there is no way of knowing ahead of arriving if I actually have a reservation even though I have two emails confirming my reservation, site number and a confirmation number. Also, there has been to presence of any staff outside the office the whole time we have been here so I'm not sure any of the rules would be enforced. I know the rule regarding the year restriction and condition of rigs isn't. There are a lot of live ins in the park and most of their sites are kept up, some are not. One weird rule is that you have to check out or you will be charged for an additional night or nights until they figure out you aren't still here. I guess you have to do that if you never leave the office. The park is putting is some really nice vintage trailers but unfortunately about a half dozen of there are in the larger pull throughs for big rigs. We camped here in a Motorhome.
December 2013
Have stayed here a few times. Might be getting worse. The rates are. Usually I am through here in the summer. Rates were the same in winter as in summer. Decent facilities. Office is never open in the winter, I guess. The guy who mows the lawns is nice, but the guy rolling around on skateboard is new. I liked the lady manager when I've been here before, but didn't get a chance to meet the new one. The permanent stay folks seem a bit unhappy with the way things are going, I guess. I'll probably see what else is in the area. The last time I looked there weren't very many choices. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Willamette Wine Country RV Park