Nearby Reedsport, Oregon (Air Miles)
Umpqua Discovery Center
2014-09-14 01:07:06
Reedsport, Oregon
30 plus

9   10   7   7   9   10   8   5   10
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
Although the park is small, the sites are large and well maintained. We stayed in the Upper Marina campground. I recommend the Upper campground if you want it quieter, the Lower campground tends to get noisy and busy with all the boats and water toys being launched at one end and the main road at the other. This is a wonderful lake for boating and kayaking. We would camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
April 2012
Yurts! I love staying in yurts and when I saw that Loon Lodge offered yurts for rental it was definitely the time for me to get out for a small weekend trip to Loon Lake. I drove from Portland and it was not a bad drive at all. When I got to the lodge, check in was smooth because I had made reservations in advance, about 3 months so I could get a yurt to myself. The lodge is also pet friendly which was great so that I could take my little corgi out to the woods for his enjoyment too! There is a small fee involved for pets but that was fine by me as long as I can have my best friend with me on this trip. The yurt had a trundle bed which was more than enough for my needs as I was only staying a night in order to recharge my batteries and be ready to take on the week! The yurt was equipped with a small fridge, microwave, and coffee pot which was pretty decent given that it was a yurt. Overall, things were clean and that was good. For a quick weekend jaunt, I would recommend Loon Lake Lodge to anyone! We camped here in a Campground Cabin.
July 2010
We had a lower marina back-in site during the 4th of July holiday. Our rate included a Good Sam discount. We really expected more from this resort. The sites were small and close together, the roads were not paved, the landscaping was unkempt, the grass was brown; it just was not a pretty RV resort. People did not observe the quiet hours and drove fast throughout the resort; rules just were not enforced. However ,it was nice to be right by Loon Lake which is beautiful. We saw a bald eagle soaring overhead. As a family with three boys, we enjoyed the swimming/beach area but it was small. The boat rental on the dock was convenient and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We rented a paddle boat one day and a fishing boat another. The resort had daily crafts for the kids on the dock in the morning. I am uncertain if we would return here. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Loon Lake Lodge and RV Resort
September 2014

4   3   5   3   8   1   8   8
yes  no  yes  no  question  question  yes  yes
yes  no  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
September 2014
We intended on staying for a month but they put us in the park area where the long term stayed the noise from the people and the hi-way was too much. The fish cleaning station stunk so bad we could smell it down the park and couldn't open windows . The staff needs to be trained in customer service, I felt I was being put in the middle of the park drama and being told about things I didn't care to know about. Very unorganized. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2011
This is a run down campground. Rates with PA were good but not worth it. Restroom and showers were not clean. Lots of full time residents. Lots were long enough but needs tree trimming and drainage. Front Desk was friendly but wouldn't come back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2011
We stayed here a month and got a great rate. The staff was terrific. The power at the sites in the rear went off and on several times. They promptly took care of it to get it back on. The sites are over grown with trees and shrubs, they need some TLC to say the least. The sites are a little difficult getting into as they are narrow. We will come back next year and hopefully they will have done some maintenance on the park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Surfwood RV Campground