Nearby Rufus, Oregon (Air Miles)
Bp
LePage Park COE
2014-08-15 21:40:48
Rufus, Oregon

yes (River)
question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question
A previous review said these sites were too close. They could be further apart but I have been in one a lot closer! Nice park. Fair ATT, depending on site, satellite is accessible. As in many places, the "dogs on leash" applies to everyone but their dog. Good swimming access though we didn't use it. Rate reflects Golden Age Pass. Would camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Price reflects Golden Age card. Got here around 2 pm on a walk-in basis, and all the pull-through waterfront spots were taken, as were most of the back-in spots. All sites are uncomfortably close together, nothing like other COE campgrounds we've been in. Back-in sites don't have much of a view either. Those are the reasons for our low score. Lack of on-site sewer hookup doesn't concern us, but proximity to neighbors does. Best get there quite early for best choice of sites, or make a reservation. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was a tough stay primarily because there was no Internet or cell phone coverage. Although the campground was at the convergence of the John Day River and the Columbia River - there was not much happening. It was a 15-20 minute drive to the nearest Wi-Fi at McDonalds. Gladly, the gate was not locked at night as we have experienced at other COE parks. I had a teleconference with the East Coast at 8 AM their time so needed to be out of the park and into the nearest town for my cell phone coverage. The park itself was OK. Level sites, decent spacing between campsites, and our water and 50 amp service worked fine. I just hated to be so isolated. We think we'd pass on this place the the next time around. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for LePage Park COE

question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question
question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question
We didn't even stay here. We drove through and saw how run down it was and decided it wasn't worth $30 a night. We just went and parked in the empty lot at the bottom of the road. We camped here in a Motorhome.
It may lack something in ambiance but it meets a need in a stretch of highway with few alternatives (boondocking, COE usually full). Level sites long enough to leave the toad hooked up, 50 amp power, sewer (at rear of site), good water far as I could tell. Friendly staff although it doesn't seem there is usually anyone in the office. I think they try and catch up with you on entry. Bathroom somewhat industrial but clean. Very slow Verizon extended network data connection, but it was good enough for what I needed, so I didn't pop for the WiFi. We camped here in a Motorhome.
While I only intended to stay overnight, it was so quiet that I opted to stay a second day. The restrooms and showers were clean, with plenty of hot water for my shower. The sunsets were magnificent and more than made up for the lack of some other amenities. I had 50 amp service, and a large lawn at my site. The manager was friendly, but appeared overworked. Laundry was clean and had extended hours. I would definitely stay here again when traveling I-84. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Rufus RV Park