206886 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Rufus, Oregon (Air Miles)
Bp
Rufus RV Park
2013-10-09 22:32:26
Rufus, Oregon

yes (River)
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  no
question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question
Price reflects Golden Age card. Got here around 2 pm on a walk-in basis, and all the pull-through waterfront spots were taken, as were most of the back-in spots. All sites are uncomfortably close together, nothing like other COE campgrounds we've been in. Back-in sites don't have much of a view either. Those are the reasons for our low score. Lack of on-site sewer hookup doesn't concern us, but proximity to neighbors does. Best get there quite early for best choice of sites, or make a reservation. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was a tough stay primarily because there was no Internet or cell phone coverage. Although the campground was at the convergence of the John Day River and the Columbia River - there was not much happening. It was a 15-20 minute drive to the nearest Wi-Fi at McDonalds. Gladly, the gate was not locked at night as we have experienced at other COE parks. I had a teleconference with the East Coast at 8 AM their time so needed to be out of the park and into the nearest town for my cell phone coverage. The park itself was OK. Level sites, decent spacing between campsites, and our water and 50 amp service worked fine. I just hated to be so isolated. We think we'd pass on this place the the next time around. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Waterfront does mean waterfront at Lepage. Quiet, small campground on the Day River. Free hot showers in the day use park. Would stay there again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for LePage Park COE

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes
question  yes  yes  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes
It may lack something in ambiance but it meets a need in a stretch of highway with few alternatives (boondocking, COE usually full). Level sites long enough to leave the toad hooked up, 50 amp power, sewer (at rear of site), good water far as I could tell. Friendly staff although it doesn't seem there is usually anyone in the office. I think they try and catch up with you on entry. Bathroom somewhat industrial but clean. Very slow Verizon extended network data connection, but it was good enough for what I needed, so I didn't pop for the WiFi. We camped here in a Motorhome.
While I only intended to stay overnight, it was so quiet that I opted to stay a second day. The restrooms and showers were clean, with plenty of hot water for my shower. The sunsets were magnificent and more than made up for the lack of some other amenities. I had 50 amp service, and a large lawn at my site. The manager was friendly, but appeared overworked. Laundry was clean and had extended hours. I would definitely stay here again when traveling I-84. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here overnight. The manager was very friendly. The campground does not accept credit cards or debit cards, cash only. The facilities were clean. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Rufus RV Park