206945 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby South Beach, Oregon (Air Miles)
Tt Or Whalers Rest (Lt) 50 Se 123Rd St South Beach 541-867-3100,Ttnlt
South Beach
Thousand Trails - Whalers Rest RV Park
2013-09-18 08:55:40
South Beach, Oregon

question  question  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question
question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  question
The rate shown is the Thousand Trails rate (actually $0). We enjoyed our stay here. The sites are a little tighter together than we have seen in other TT preserves, but still doable with a 40-foot MH. There is heavy tree cover, so satellite cannot be accessed except on maybe a few sites. Verizon service is pretty nonexistent, but there is Wi-Fi in the clubhouses and you can get a cell/date signal without having to drive too far. Newport is a neat town, and is only about 5 miles away. There is a walking trail from the park that takes you right across highway 101 to the beach. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely return! We camped here in a Motorhome.
I had no idea this was a Thousand Trails facility. Unfortunately, I had pre-paid my stay as if I hadn't, I would have immediately continued on. I thought I had done a fair job researching the various RV parks in the area. In the reviews I read, this facility was rated 8.5 out of 10. The comments generally were quite good. With this info, I proceeded to secure a site by phoning them. The park, is nestled in heavy forest. It's all dirt/gravel with limited maneuvering, especially when vehicles are parked in-front of their rigs. The smell of sewage is consistent throughout the park. After hooking up, we drove around the park to see if there was someplace that was not as bad....well, fortunately we were only there one night. I understand the attraction of Thousand Trail Parks, but this was NO picnic! Never again!!!! We camped here in a Motorhome.
What a great campground. The park is huge with plenty of activities. The staff are very friendly and willing to help. There is beach access via a short path through the woods that puts you right across 101 from the state beach. The indoor pool is very nice and the store has an impressive DVD rental selection. The Internet works great in the clubhouse (there are two - family and adults). I recommend staying in the section across the street. Some of the sites seemed tight, but ours was plenty big. The campground is close to Newport if you need to go into town, but far enough away that you feel like you are camping. We will definitely be back! We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Thousand Trails - Whalers Rest RV Park