Nearby Connellsville, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Fallingwater
Connellsville, Pennsylvania

yes (River)
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  question
This was a halfway point going to and coming from Gettysburg. Making reservations, I had to stay 2 nights each way for some reason, but that was OK. I've camped for 50 years all over and this is a decent KOA. Close to a river camping, out of the way area, no highways, clean, friendly people, rental for kayaks, tubes for river, nice store and deli for pizza and hand dipped icecream. Small access roads to it, barely room for two rigs to get by each other, very active railroad tracks just across the river, but no whistles. Both my sites were more hard earth than gravel, my slide out stuck the first time after a rain. Sites are fair, somewhat close to neighbor, little shade at sites, truck rim fire pits. My first site had a 60 degree elbow for the sewer hook up, so I had to modify a spare hose and get a second person to help dump. Not so bad but leaves an impression. A lot of permanent sites. I guess it is very popular locally. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We paid by the month $450 plus electric. Loved this campground! Wi-Fi was strong, our spot was level and spacious. Nice playground, basketball court, horse shoes, game room and huge sandbox. Canoes and kayaks for rent. Activities on the weekends for the kids. Small cafe and store. Propane refill on site, leave bottle in front of your camper and they will fill it up and bring it back. Garbage pickup, just leave it at front of your camper. We became friends with 2 of the park attendants, who are awesome people and spoiled our son. I would have gave this campground a 10 but there were holes in the roads but not bad ones. We would definitely stay here again!! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2012
Did a one night stay during the week to see what the campground was like after a friend told us about it. They are usually very busy during the weekends. Grounds were clean and sites were fairly level but very cramped. We stayed in a riverfront site which had a nice view of the water but it is a drop-off to the water's edge. You need to keep an eye on any little ones. There seems to be a lot of permanent sites, including an area where the workers doing some drilling in the are are staying. They rent canoes and inner tubes for floating down the river but not after 3pm. Since check-in is after 2pm, you really cannot take advantage unless you are staying several nights. Bike trail runs right next to campground and is very nice. Bathrooms were fairly clean and showers are separate. There is only 1 bath house and it is a fairly long walk from the 'premium' river sites to get to. They need another bath house for sure. Staff was very friendly. No cable, no Wi-Fi, poor reception on TV antenna (you are in a valley). Pool was clean and well maintained. There are train tracks across the river that are very active. I think we heard a train run up or down the hill at least every other hour, including all night. Not the fault of the campground but I don't know how anyone in a tent could sleep. Noticed some open alcohol consumption near our site and one group across the field that was a little loud after hours. Our sewer connection was 20' forward of where it normally would be in a back-in site. Had to hook-up and pull forward to get within 15' to dump. The road in and out is narrow and winding. Had to pull into the grass on the way in so other campers could pass on their way out. If the sites were larger, they added a few more amenities like cable and another bath house, this could be a great campground. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Rivers Edge Campground KOA