Nearby Connellsville, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Fallingwater
900 Summit Ridge Plaza
Nino Barsotti'S
80 Matthew Dr
New Stanton Trkstp
Laurel Caverns
Pennsylvania
Connellsville
Uniontown KOA (formerly Rivers Edge Campground)
2014-09-02 18:18:39
Connellsville, Pennsylvania

yes (River)
yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
This was a halfway point going to and coming from Gettysburg. Making reservations, I had to stay 2 nights each way for some reason, but that was OK. I've camped for 50 years all over and this is a decent KOA. Close to a river camping, out of the way area, no highways, clean, friendly people, rental for kayaks, tubes for river, nice store and deli for pizza and hand dipped icecream. Small access roads to it, barely room for two rigs to get by each other, very active railroad tracks just across the river, but no whistles. Both my sites were more hard earth than gravel, my slide out stuck the first time after a rain. Sites are fair, somewhat close to neighbor, little shade at sites, truck rim fire pits. My first site had a 60 degree elbow for the sewer hook up, so I had to modify a spare hose and get a second person to help dump. Not so bad but leaves an impression. A lot of permanent sites. I guess it is very popular locally. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here back in 2012 and rated the park a '6'. It was under new ownership at the time. What a difference 2 years made for this campground! Although sites are still tight, many new amenities were added and the place is very nice. New bath houses, new patio sites, lots of activities and the staff is super friendly. Looks like another expansion going on across the bike path. The new owners obviously know what the campers are looking for and seem to be providing it. Our site had cable, decent Wi-Fi, and the hookups were where they needed to be. Could use a few shade trees for the playground and sandbox. The equipment gets so hot in the full sun. We look forward to returning now. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
We paid by the month $450 plus electric. Loved this campground! Wi-Fi was strong, our spot was level and spacious. Nice playground, basketball court, horse shoes, game room and huge sandbox. Canoes and kayaks for rent. Activities on the weekends for the kids. Small cafe and store. Propane refill on site, leave bottle in front of your camper and they will fill it up and bring it back. Garbage pickup, just leave it at front of your camper. We became friends with 2 of the park attendants, who are awesome people and spoiled our son. I would have gave this campground a 10 but there were holes in the roads but not bad ones. We would definitely stay here again!! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Uniontown KOA (formerly Rivers Edge Campground)