219007 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Elizabethtown College
Dimitri'S - Hershey
Hersheypark
Hershey Country Club
Hershey Gardens
Sams Club 6781 Grayson Rd (Located To Block)
6535 Grayson Rd
Elizabethtown
Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA
2014-08-05 17:59:20
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania

yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes  yes
Most unfriendly campground we have visited in last 7 years of camping. There is a steep hill leading up to office with stop sign while still on hill which could cause issues. Site was a little uneven but also had issues backing into the site due to the gravel and tires spinning. The pool area was nice. We will have second thoughts staying here again if in the area. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This was our first time using a "chain" campground. I'm glad we chose this KOA for the first time. We had a back in site that required a going uphill backwards to get in but it was clean, roomy enough, and set up well. It was quite level and I did not need to use the "Legos". It was a little up slope but I was still able to use the sewer connection without too much adjusting. The staff were all very friendly and the store was really well stocked (thank goodness since I forgot to pack my wife's coffee!). The pool was fantastic although it could use more shaded areas for family members who are not able to go in the sun. The bath houses were in great shape. One of the bath houses had a roof vent fan that was out so it got a little damp, but it was very clean. The fishing pond looked like fun but I did not try it out. The playgrounds are really nice and safe. Considering it was Memorial Day, I was concerned the crowds would be rowdy but it was very peaceful and everyone observed quiet time rules very well. The pooch play areas (two attached together) are great and make good sense in their layout. One is big with few obstacles for runners, and the other is smaller with beginner agility equipment and perfect for sniffing. The tent areas looked great. They had small fences and well configured amenities, and were clean. The only golf carts I saw were operated by staff at a respectable speed. Kids were able to walk or bike without any safety risks. My only concerns: The fire rings are set in the ground so it was hard to get a good fire going without really dry wood. I may need to apologize to a few neighbors for smoking them out when we got started. I also thought they were a little unsafe since I did not notice where it was and almost backed the truck into the hole after hooking up. The only other issue is that I could not find a location map online. They provide a good color map once you are there but I am a digital fanatic and I was surprised it was not readily available. I will stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Clean park and pleasant, helpful staff nearly overcome the high price paid for a back-in 30-amp site. Bathrooms were very clean. Park is adding up to a dozen sites, but it does not look like it would impact existing sites. The sites with gravel have no shade to speak of, but that's what an awning's for, right? Check-out time is 11:30 a.m., which is unfortunately early, but the park staff no longer sits, waits, and demands your exit at check-out time. We would camp here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Elizabethtown / Hershey KOA

yes  no  no  yes  yes  no  no  no  no  no
yes  question  no  yes  question  no  no  no  no  no
This is a nice quiet campground. While the one set of showers were unusable the one in the back was dated but fine. They could use some work to the campground to update it and make it a great campground not just OK. The owner and staff were very friendly and knew you by name when you went in and made us feel at home here. We went with a friend and we both have huge 5th wheels with many slide outs we still had plenty of room around the campers and plenty of room to socialize with one another. It would be nice to see them upgrade to 50 amp service for some of their sites as many of the newer campers require it. They have no cable hook up but my dish picked up easily. We will definitely be back. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
September 2011
Were it not the only campground close to the Hershey RV show, we'd not EVER go there again. Sites in the row with 102 had sewer connections that ran UPHILL. And full of water from recent rain. We had to wade thru 2+" of water upon arrival. We were charged for a full hookup site that we didn't dare even use. Sites are small, our slide was within 10' of the next one over. Bathroom is old and run down. No Wi-Fi. Sites that are farther back seem to be better and not on a downhill slope. Be prepared to use a sewer extension and run your hookup UNDER your RV. We didn't hook up the sewer. There are dump stations available, but you'll be in the street blocking every one else while you discharge. The one we used had nasty dirty water pooled around it. Better yet, do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Not worth the price charged. Worst campground we've ever been to. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2010
The condition of the campground was awful. The restrooms smelled and were disgusting. My wife refused to use them. The campground is in an utter state of disrepair. Of all the camp sites I've stayed at over the past decade, this one was by far the worst. I'd never camp there again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Hershey Conewago Campground
2003

2003
The park seems geared towards seasonal reservations. Most campsites looked permanent or difficult to get into unless a tent or popup. No restroom/bathhouse except at the front gate which is a LONG walk. Men's restroom only had one stall, one urinal and one shower. Big tree at the front entrance if you're not careful, will require you to back up. It supposedly has a pool, but we didn't see one. Our sites was very muddy, as was most of the area (not well drained) around us. No garbage cans were on display except for the overflowing dumpster on the way out. They did escort us to the site and helped us back in since it was dark and raining. There are better places to stay in the area that are only a few dollars more and provide better access. We camped here in a Motorhome.