206873 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania (Air Miles)
Delaware Canal State P
Sign Of The Sorrel Horse
Inn At Phillips Mill
Cock And Bull
3722 Easton-Nazareth Hwy
Sams Club 3796 Easton-Nazereth Hwy (Located To Block)
Lambertville Station
Anton'S At The Swan
Belle Mountain Ski Area
Pennsylvania
Upper Black Eddy
Colonial Woods Family Camping Resort
2013-09-30 07:18:01
Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania

yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
question  yes  question  yes  no  yes  yes  question  question  question
Colonial Woods is a real gem. The roads are very wide at the campground, the sites are spacious, the group sites are excellent for get togethers. They have really good activities and a very child friendly atmosphere. Pets are welcome and were never uncomfortable. The store is well stocked and nicely staffed. There are a lot of permanent sites in nice locations, mostly well kept (by renter it appeared), and the overnite sites are nicely separated. The sites are mostly very level, with only one rig that I saw with more than two layers on blocks to get it straight. They have a great pool, nice athletic areas and well kept grounds. The mini golf is a little old fashioned but the lake and ponds are fun for any family looking to do a little fishing. The Delaware is nearby for more serious anglers. One issue - the main public restroom. I found that the stalls were WAY too small and I am only 5'10" and not overweight. Since we have a trailer it did not affect us much, but the one time I needed to use it I was pretty uncomfortable. It was clean, but it had an old fashioned door latch at the top of the door. They a have better restroom at the store but that is not very convenient to the camp sites. Considering they were upgrading the utility poles and had every site booked this last weekend, they could have aimed some funds at improving that facility. Hopefully it's high on their list of to-dos. Still, the rest of the park made up for that issue and I will return to this gem again. Colonial is a nice place to visit. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Colonial Woods is great in most respects. The setting is heavily wooded, quiet, and secluded. The staff is helpful, friendly and eager to please. The store is well stocked with reasonable prices. I have many kudos and compliments, but I also have gripes. 1. For a CG this large to have so few restrooms is surprising. And, when you add the fact that there are no sewer hookups it's close to unreasonable. (they do have "honey wagon" service). There are only three bathhouses with a total of only four showers for men and I assume the same number for women. 2. The pool is located across the lake in the half of the grounds that is reserved for seasonals and perms. 3. The lack of useable Wi-Fi. Sporadic Tengo Internet is a disappointing waste of time and money. The wife says we'll go back. I'm not so sure. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was a rustically nice campground. When I reserved my site, I was under the impression that I was getting full hookups, and 50 amp service. They only have 30amp service, and no sewer. So the start of my camping trip was off to a rough start. Probably my fault for not double checking. Keeping things in perspective, all the employees were very nice and helpful. I didn’t like my original site, so they changed it without hassle. They informed me that it was OK to let my Grey Water run into the woods, so the lack of sewer was no longer a major problem, and we just ran one Air Conditioner to keep the breaker from popping. The campground was clean, and they have several small streams running throughout. Roads in the campground are either gravel or paved. The store was well stocked (they even had the cap needed to run my grey out to the woods). The site was not level. My levelers had my rear wheels off the ground. We were disappointed to find that there were no chairs at the pool. You need to bring your own. My family and I had a great time. We would consider coming here again, just not in a heat wave. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Colonial Woods Family Camping Resort
September 2011

7   9   7   7
yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes
September 2011
Another good experience here. Sites are shaded and nicely set up. Quiet area, with little traffic on the road running along campground. Owners are welcoming and the bathrooms are clean. A lot of seasonals, and no sewer at the sites, but they do have a dump station. Nice playground, game room and decently stocked store, has pamphlets for area attractions. Rained hard the first night and had minimal puddling. Sites are a mix of gravel, dirt and grass. Will stay here again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
July 2011
Beautiful setting! Owners were so helpful and patient with us. We were late due to road construction and several detours. It took several phone calls to them for exact directions due to the detours. I would go back in a heartbeat. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
June 2011
Nice place. Owners were nice. Store & game room were nice and open till 10pm Friday and Saturday. Small pool, but was heated. Sites are way too close together. Over all a nice place. We camped here in a Tent.
Display older reviews for Ringing Rocks Family Campground