206561 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Prince Edward Island National Park, Prince Edward Island (Air Miles)
Dalvay-By-The-Sea
Prince Edward Island Nati
Dunes Studio Gallery
"Bayside Rv Campground, 112 Camp Rd, (877) 445-2489 "
"Harrington Rv Park & Campground, #9 Brackley Point Road, (866) 919-2939 "
Anne Of Green Gables Mus
Cheeselady'S Gouda Chee
"Marco Polo Land, (902) 963-2352 "
Green Gables House
"Anne'S Whispering Pines, 34 Harbour Road, (800) 627-4855 "
Confederation Centre Of Th
Fort Amherst/Port-La-J
Charlottetown Driving Par
University Of Prince Edwa
Belvedere Club Golf Cour
Province House National
Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island National Park
Cavendish Campground (Parks Canada)
2013-09-02 22:07:40
Prince Edward Island National Park, Prince Edward Island

yes (Ocean)
10   7   8   8   8   8   10   9   10
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
yes  question  question  yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes
Absolutely beautiful campground with spacious, shady pull-through sites. On the gorgeous Gulf of St. Lawrence. Sublime. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2012
The plus to this place is the ocean. If it weren't for that, I'd have gone elsewhere. My space was in such a densely treed area that my space was barely wide enough to not push my side-mirrors inward. No slideouts this night! No Wi-Fi, either. But my goodness, what a delightful walk along the beach, just a few minutes from my campsite. I stayed for a night & enjoyed it all, but was glad I wasn't staying a week! We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2011
It had been rainy, apparently for days, prior to our arrival. Our site (which I selected on line) was extremely wet/soggy and rather tight. It was long enough, but it was difficult to position motorohome to use awning (needed in rain). We moved to another site (went on line with my blackberry because no WiFi) to find which sites were available. That site was much better. Moral: read the site descriptions on line and if possible get additional information. Our original site had "Soft-bed" in the description. I thought that would be good, but not if it's been raining. Other than that the campground was great. It has nice sites, good beach access, hiking and biking paths, and is close to everything. We spent our arrival evening touring other campgrounds and found Cavendish (despite the mud) to be the best place. The only draw back (serious drawback) is no WiFi. But the visitor center (5-9 min drive) has free wifi and computers until 9 pm. We would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Cavendish Campground (Parks Canada)
September 2010

September 2010
This is a small campground right across from the Stanhope Beach area. 109 sites 3-way, 2-way and unserviced. They charge more if you have a fire pit. Cost NPS fees to get in and site. Since we were there after Labor Day the NPS fees are dropped and the campsite fee is about $12 cheaper. 2-way $26 about $37 during the summer season. There are evening campfires during the summer with skits, songs, and storytelling about the natural and cultural history of PEI. There are restrooms and showers and laundromat. These sites except for some of the unserviced and 3 way ones can be very unlevel. The new parkway and bike trail along the parkway is very nice and level for riding. Close to beaches, hikes and local villages. Easy walk to parkway, bike trails and beach. Sites not good for large RV’s. We camped here in a Motorhome.