206945 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Bishopville, South Carolina (Air Miles)
Kalmia Gardens
2014-02-25 00:37:07
Bishopville, South Carolina
February 2014

6   7   7   7   8   6   9   6   10
yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes
February 2014
The road into the campground is very rutted and the ruts were filled with water. Couple loads of sand would help a great deal. The sites are nicely spaced with little to no privacy between them. Packed sand was level. My site 10 showed an electrical problem when I hooked into shore power. Inverter indicated the AC polarity was reversed. I left a note for the Park staff. Self service for registration - fill out the envelope and put your money in the iron ranger. Seems like it would be easier for campers coming in to make the price an even amount - 18.10 was the charge and I didn't have exact change so I left 20. No Ranger came by to provide change. Park location is convenient to I20 so easy to make a quick stop. Half of the sites are reserved for equestrian and they were in use when I was there. I did notice two dogs running loose when I left the park. My neighbor said his grandson had been approached by an unfriendly dog. Park staff need to address this. I would stay again when in the area and needing a place to stay but I would not seek out this park. We camped here in a Motorhome.
May 2012
As always, the rating here is based on the fact that this is a state park, not an "RV Resort"! Many Huge sites - although most pull through sites in the rear part of the CG are smaller. This area allows for horses. Only negative about this CG is the small, older bathhouse. It is very clean but only 2 showers and 3 stalls for the entire place. Water pressure was great and plenty of hot water. A pet peeve is when there is no privacy after stepping out of shower for dressing - like other places this one is guilty! Sites are level and sandy. The Park Ranger was incredibly helpful and friendly. Nothing to do in the area at all, but the CG is wonderful! We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2012
Beautiful basic park. Clean restroom and shower. Spaces are a nice distance apart. Four mile loop trail for walking and numerous trails plus Sanger tables around a small lake. There were only a couple of spots taken at this time of year so very peaceful. We would return. Ranger stopped by to make sure we were happy. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lee State Park