206877 User submitted reviews online!!
Nearby Santee, South Carolina (Air Miles)
Big Water Resort-7860 Wash Davis Rd.
Mountaineer Motel
South Carolina
Santee
Santee State Park
2014-04-10 23:41:54
Santee, South Carolina
November 2013

yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
no  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
November 2013
Older campground with dirt roads and sites. We were told to take specific site only to find another RV there - office didn't know that they weren't leaving for another week? We had to drive around campground to come back down the narrow lane to get in to a different site. Lots of tall old trees make the sites feel even tighter. We had trouble finding our sewer connector - was under leaves and dirt. Bathroom / laundry facility is clean (considering it's in the middle of woods), but the drains of the showers needed attention - one had a pile of dirt or something around the drain. Road noise from I95 is noticeable outdoors, but inside our trailer wasn't bad. Wi-Fi was good. no TV though. Only 30 AMP service. Price of $35 is a Good Sam on a full hook-ups. Too much of a charge for what the campground offers. If really stuck I'd stay here again, but rather find something with better services for less $. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Depressing run down park even for an overnighter. I never saw so many "vintage" campers. No cable or internet and we didn't even get sewer so I thought price per night was high. Only seasonal people there, who were very nice. I guess the lake is the reason they stay because the park is a dump. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
We stopped here to take a break while driving I-95. Very easy and convenient location. Sites were just long enough to leave a 40' 5th wheel hooked to our truck. Nice dock and beautiful view of the lake within walking distance of our site. Nice, quiet campground that we would definitely stay at again if we find ourselves heading south. the only reason I gave 9 stars instead of 10 is that there was heavy rain when we arrived and the site immediately flooded (about 6" water). However, as soon as the rain stopped the water receded into the sandy soil and all was well again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Santee Lakes Campground

yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
yes  yes  question  no  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question
March 2014
I agree with the previous review in regards to rough roads and sites with tree roots. The sites are spaciously apart from each other in most cases. There is free & very good Wi-Fi at the store and ranger station. It does not reach the campground area. Our Verizon My-Fi and cell service was spotty. We didn't have sewer at our site (lake front). Water pressure was good and power was stable. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
March 2014
This is our second stay at this park. It is about 70 miles from home so it makes a weekend get-a-way easy. There are many other state parks that are much better than this one. The check in process is easy and staff is very nice. We stayed on the Cypress loop (small campground). The road in the campground is dirt and filled with potholes. It is very rough and dusty. Navigation is not difficult even for large rigs as the roads are wide enough. The sites are all dirt. Some are more level than others. The sites have a lot of tree roots making leveling of a coach difficult. When we arrived at our site, it was not very clean. I had to rake the site of limbs, pine cones, and leaves. AT&T cell service and 4G is good. Mi-Fi had great reception. Over the air TV has about 8-10 channels. Bath house was clean and well stocked each time I visited. The rangers made rounds through the campground every couple of hours. The nearest stores are about 5 miles from the campground. There is a lakefront store in the park. However, it is stocked more with T-shirts, etc. and only a few camping or food related items. Firewood and ice is available at lake front store. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
February 2014
Made reservations for 50amp site, but only site we found large enough and straight enough to back into was 30amp. Roads were very tight and rough. Feral cats in abundance, my dogs were not happy. It was OK for an overnight stop, but I'll try somewhere else next trip. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Santee State Park