Nearby Henderson, Tennessee (Air Miles)
Freed-Hardeman Universit
"Pinson Mounds State Park - Hike, Picnic, Historic - 731-988-5614"
"Chickasaw State Park - Golf, Cabin, Camp, Lodge, Horseback, Bike, Swim, Boat, Picnic 800-458-1752"
2171 S Highland Ave

6   1   7   5
yes  no  yes  yes
yes  no  yes  yes
April 2013
Goofiest campground I've seen. First loop read "Trailers only" so I went to the next loop. There the sign read "Horse trailers only" and so I continued on. The third camping area was for "Tenters only". Now I had ran out of campground loops. Went to the store and no one was there. Turned around and went all the way back to the "Trailers only" camp and after three spots found one fairly level. Later when the Ranger came by I explained what I went through. He agreed it was confusing, but "trailers" meant RV's also. He also said I needed to go a bit further past the store to find the ranger check-in station, although no signs to that effect were about. Since I was already set up he said just to come by in the morning and pay, which I did. The lady inside was at a complete loss as to how to input my stay into the computer since I was leaving. I left my $$ on the counter and wished her good luck. Bathroom/showers were well worn but usable. Oh the joys of camping. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2010
This is the WORST State Park we have ever been in. Built many years ago, nothing has been done to the sites since, including cleaning. There are very few that will take a rig of more than 20 feet, and that will be very unlevel. There are a few pull-throughs on the right hand loop as you pull in. Note: DO NOT use left loop if you are more than 20 feet, as there is a very short and sharp gully that could result in high-siding. The Horse Campground is very nice - with all the amenities you miss in the regular area - but you must have a horse. The Rangers were indifferent and seldom seen, acting as if taking your money was too much effort. Take a miss on this, unless you feel you must play the Nicklaus golf course. And then stay somewhere else! We camped here in a Motorhome.
June 2008
We camp here often- it's very close to home. The addition this year of a camp host is certainly a nice touch. The bathrooms could use a little updating. There is not a great deal to do here, but a nice escape- very limited cell phone service, and data card connection is spotty at best. Will camp here again. We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
Display older reviews for Chickasaw State Park