Nearby Jamestown, Tennessee (Air Miles)
451 N Main
Maple Hill Cg
Maple Hill Rv Cg
"Sgt. Alvin C. York Historic Park - Picnic, Historic 931-879-6456",
"Pickett State Park - Cabin, Camp, Boat, Fish, Hike, Swim, Horseback 877-260-0010"
Tennessee
Jamestown
Maple Hill RV Campground
2014-08-15 21:52:44
Jamestown, Tennessee

10   10   9   9   9   6
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
yes  yes  question  yes  yes  yes
This camp is the cleanest camp. The couple works very hard and are very personable. The park was very full of campers participating in the 127 yard sale but it was still very quite. The bathroom/showers were clean and large. About 1/3 of the bathroom was the shower. The other 2/3 was the toilet, sink, and chair. Wonderful! We camped here in a Tent Trailer.
The campground was so clean and quiet. We sat outside and enjoyed all the nature sounds. The sites are super nice and clean. We had all kinds of room on our site. We are looking forward to visiting again. Thanks for a super stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
November 2010
The rate is based upon a month long stay, less the charge for electric. There are brand new owners and they are working hard to make this a great campground. The sites are level, we easily fit our 60' rig in one spot. Motorcycle and pet friendly, the owners went out of the way to help us out in any way, even storing packages for us when we were gone a couple of days. The only reason it's not a 10 is the standing water with heavy rains...and they are working on that. We plan visit again next year! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Maple Hill RV Campground
February 2010

yes  yes
yes  yes
February 2010
As far as an RV park, the facility is not that great, actually probably the worst I've visited. Many if not most of the hookups are on the wrong side of the sites (as is the dump station). One site I looked at had the water hookup at least 30' from the gravel pad, on the opposite side of the picnic area. Many sites are extremely small and extremely slanted. I have a very small (16') camper, and I still don't think I could have leveled it on some of these sites without lifting both tires off the ground. Fortunately it was very cold when I was there, so I had the place to myself and was able to pick the best site. All that being said, there's a lot to recommend this park. The bathhouse was clean and well-maintained. The campground is on a hilltop, with pretty nice views if sparse shade. The lake and cabin area are a short walk from the campground. There's an unusual, interesting bat tower and playground inside main campground loop. Trail access from the campground is excellent, and the trail system is outstanding. If I were rating the park exclusive of the campground, I'd give it a 9 or 10. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2007
We took a 32' Motorhome and found a couple of sites we could use. However, they recommend no more than 25'. This park has hiking trails that are beautiful and a nice pool, within walking distance. The park people are very helpful. We camped here in a Motorhome.