Nearby Jellico, Tennessee (Air Miles)
"Indian Mountain State Park - Camp, Fish, Boat, Swim, Hike, Picnic 423-784-7958"
Mapco

4   9   8   9   9   9   9
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  question
April 2012
This is a nice park, but I had two problems with it which resulted in my low rating. First, I tried calling, repeatedly, for two days, just to make sure that they would have an open site. No one ever answered the phone, but instead they gave you a voice mail box in which to leave a message, stating that they would return the call. They never returned any of my calls. We finally decided to get off I-75 and actually drive to the park, hoping that they had a site available. They did, and in fact, there were only two other RV's there, so I don't know how they could have been too busy to answer the phone, or to return phone calls. Second, most parks restrict the camping areas to campers, and tell day users to keep out and utilize the day use areas only. Not here. Although there were only a total of three RV's sites in use, including mine, the camping area was packed with people using the sites for picnics, playing ball, using the playground, and driving around and around while blasting their stereos. In fact, two sites that I was interested in were being used by picnickers, so I had to pass them by. All in all, the park is nice, but is in need of new management to make it a bit more camper friendly. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2009
Well groomed, very nice park with paved spaces far enough apart to provide some privacy. Sites mostly level, some with big trees. No pull-throughs. Clean restrooms and very nice play areas. Small lake with paddle boat rentals. Register at the boat office. Stayed here one night on my way through Tennessee. Would like to come back and stay longer. The only negative is lots of tame ducks, which is nice, but you have to watch your step some places to avoid the droppings. We camped here in a Motorhome.
August 2008
We stayed here overnight while passing through and were very pleased. Wide, level sites with shading available. Clean, neat CG. Would stay here again. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
Display older reviews for Indian Mountain State Park