Nearby Lenoir City, Tennessee (Air Miles)
911 Hwy 321
T/A
Flying J
Freightliner Of Knoxville 8004432324
Apple Cake Tea Room
I-75 Exit 376A;376B
10900 Parkside Dr
Chop House
Sams Club?I-40:379A 8435 Walbrook Dr (Located To Street)
373 S Illinois Ave
Lenoir City
Lazy Acres RV Park
2014-06-11 00:11:26
Lenoir City, Tennessee

question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question  yes
question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes
If you arrive on a weekend or after 5 during the week, just go to site #43 for help. Wonderfully LONG pull-through for my 44' toy hauler. Was able to drop the ramp/patio AND keep my long bed truck within the site boundary. Site was nice and level, too. Wi-Fi was unusable on the hill by the fishing pond. T-mobile hotspot service was poor. Don't know about other providers. Fishing pond was not open. Guess it has a leak in it. Water pressure is good. They have nice laundry facilities. Antenna pulled in a decent number of channels. Other campers were friendly. Lots of permanent residents. Nightly rate was with Good Sam discount for 3 days. Not too far from shopping. Lots of stuff to do in the area if you stay for more than a night. I would stay here again. Hopefully they expand the Wi-Fi coverage in the park. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
This campground is a little more like a trailer park. There are concrete pads for each picnic table. There are spacious sites and most are very level. The water, sewer, and electricity worked well. There was enough gravel on each site. The grass was mowed but it could have used some extra weed trimming. The Internet was not working at my site. Granted, they did give me some sort of device that was supposed to boost the signal. The trees here were very small. If you had a large RV you could fit nicely in any spot. The horse shoe pit was overgrown. The playground looked deserted. There was not a pool here. The lake was a long walk away. There was a pond but it was not in service. It looked like it has severe drainage issues. The bathrooms were nice and clean. The showers were huge and clean too. There was a laundromat with plenty of machines. The garbage had to be hauled about a half a mile away. This place bordered TVA land. It was peaceful and quiet. My dog loved the walk to the lake. There was a fire ring at about 80% of the sites. The picnic table was in fair shape. A few areas could use a bit of topsoil. Overall, I would stay here again. But, if you had kids, I would skip Lazy Acers. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate shown is based on monthly rate, not including electricity. Park is a little out of the way but worth it for the value. It is about 7 miles from I-75. Park has two sections, with most of the spaces being on a hill. Majority of spaces are occupied by long term residents but the park is not junky looking. Pull-through spaces are very long and the back-ins are adequate to hold a big rig with tow vehicle. Spaces are gravel with roads being paved. Our site was level. Trees surround the park and there are some trees planted in the interior, but if you are looking for shade there is not much here. Lots of room between spaces. Wi-Fi is free but did not reach our site. Be careful when you turn onto Jackson Bend from the Hwy 321 as the road is narrow and winding to get to the park. Stores are within 5 miles and the Smokey Mountain Park is about 30 miles away. This is our first time at this park and were very pleased. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Lazy Acres RV Park

yes  yes
yes  yes
April 2013
A very nice peaceful and scenic campground next to the reservoir. Bathrooms were of an older style, but well maintained. Cannot beat the price as was given the old person discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2012
This is a very nice, well-kept TVA campground overlooking Melton Hill lake. It overlooks a swimming area on the lake about 100 yards away, which has a nice but small sand beach. The rest of the facility is woods and wide-open fields/lawns, paved walkways along the lake shore, and several very attractive picnic pavilions. The Clinch river is within walking distance of the campground, maybe 1/4 mile away. It was quiet and peaceful. I expected some rowdies, but the crowd was generally much quieter than most places I've stayed. Everybody was very friendly. This is a popular fishing destination. Huge rock bass are regularly caught in the Clinch river just below the dam, and there are lots of other sport fish such as bass and bluegill. Birds are plentiful, including geese, great blue herons, and many, many swallows, for which TVA maintains nesting houses all along the riverbank. I'd have given a score of 10 but most sites are not that good. The campground is very hilly, and many of the sites are lined up sardine-style, and others are perched on a hillside in such a way that you have to walk up or down a full flight of steps to the picnic area. But there are a few very nice sites with good views, an open feel, and a level gravel pad with comfortable, usable space. I have a very small (16') trailer, so maneuvering was no problem, but a big motorhome or 5th wheel would probably have a lot of trouble getting through this campground. I had a very relaxing 4-night stay here, and I'll definitely go back unless I expect a large weekend crowd to compete with for the few good campsites. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
March 2014

question  question  question  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
March 2014
Stopped here for an overnight on a Sunday night. Office is closed on Sunday so park yourself & leave payment. Easy access to I-40, but I felt the cost was too high for what we got. Lots of full timers there who I assume work in Knoxville. OK for an overnight stop but a lot of highway noise. Would stop here again if passing through just because of the easy access but would not make it a destination point. We camped here in a Motorhome.
November 2013
East on/off from I-40 coming from Nashville. Sites are close together and was barely long enough for our 37 ft motor home and car behind. Could hear the people next to us, as units are close together. People are nice and park is clean. Most of the sites are filled with people that live there. We were visiting family in the area and the park was close to them. We will look elsewhere it there again but OK for short term stays. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Only good for an over night stay. The greatest asset of this park is it's close proximity to the Interstate. Though close, highway noise was not a problem. The reason for my relatively poor rating is the rate in conjunction with the fact that I have never been so close to my neighbor as I was here. I had only the tiniest amount of room to pull out when departing. Quite a few long term tenants with work trucks taking up a good deal of space and crowding the roads. I think that I would look for an alternative park if I was to travel here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Soaring Eagle Campground & RV Park

yes (Stream)
question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
We've been RVing for nearly forty years and the Crosseyed Cricket has been in the campground guides for as long as I can remember. We've passed it many times in the past enroute to Gatlinburg so we decided to give it a try. What a joke (and disappointment). It's about 4 miles off I-40 and the roads are rutted gravel, the office is a gazebo. We arrived around 6:30 pm no one was there. We deposited our $25 in an envelope and set out to pick a site. There were only two left (and they were dirt. Thank Goodness it didn't rain or we would have been hung up). Bring bug spray. The guy beside us (along with his pet rabbit) was living (permanently) in an old VW Campmobile that didn't even run. Sorry, but I intend to pass this one up for the next 40 years! We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
April 2013
The Crosseyed Cricket is slightly off the beaten path making for a quiet camping experience. It's really almost two parks with the upper park for primarily long-term residents. The lower part, which is not in view of the upper part, is mostly for those staying only for a few days. There are several pull-through and back-in sites, along with tent sites. We stayed in a pull-through site along a quaint creek. There are many ducks running around and a small playground consisting of swings, tetherball, and a 'log cabin' for the kids to climb on. There is also a fish-shaped swimming pool, but that was not yet open in April. Okay to stay there for a few days, particularly if you are primarily using it as a 'home base' for exploring the Knoxville area. Finally, follow the signs or web/phone directions into the park otherwise, your GPS might take you on a narrow single lane road. We camped here in a Motorhome.
April 2012
I stayed here a while back and it was a great place; shady, quiet, hilly, and sites along a small stream. The owner is awesome, very helpful. Price is great, and it's about 2 miles from the I-40 exit but worth the drive. Restaurants and Knoxville are very close. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for The Crosseyed Cricket