Nearby Pikeville, Tennessee (Air Miles)
"Fall Creek Falls State Park - Inn, Restaurant, Golf, Cabin, Camp, Hike, Boat, Fish, Swim, Picnic 800-250-8611"
3034 Rhea County Hwy
Pikeville
Fall Creek Falls State Park
2014-07-18 13:15:29
Pikeville, Tennessee

yes  question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  yes
yes  question  yes  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  yes
Beautiful Campground! Some of the sites are difficult to get in to if you have a larger RV. Ours is 33ft. and took a few tries. Plenty to do in the park as it has abundant facilities. A store that has everything from food to camper supplies. Enter park using south entrance; much easier for RV's. Don't use TN30 if coming from I 40. That takes you to the North entrance. Keep going on 111 to get to the South entrance. Deer are all over the campground and aren't shy. Lots to do with hiking, tennis, pools, biking, and the scenery in the park is beautiful. Reminds us of the Smokies. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
After camping, for the first time at FALL CREEK FALLS, I have come away with a few thoughts. There is a lot to see and do around this state park. On your first visit you can stay busy with short or long hikes, lots of sight seeing. It really is a beautiful park. I heard good reviews on the restaurant at Fall Creek Falls, especially the dinner buffets. In my opinion it's just OK. They no longer offer crab legs on the buffet every Friday. When I was there they had prime rib (I've had better), fish, shrimp, frog legs, chicken, ribs (very tough) etc etc on the buffet. I didn't think it was great, and at $18.95, not sure I would order it again. The campgrounds are very woodsy (I like that).. but several sites are close together. Tight turns, small roads and campers crammed up against each other. Some are paved sites, most gravel or dirt. I drove through all the campgrounds, in the park, and found several great sites. So the key here is to visit the park and pick out the sites you like best before you reserve. My site, D190, was not one I would camp in again. Not sure I will return to FALL CREEK FALLS very soon. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
November 2013
Overall, the park was enjoyable. The trails were in good shape and like the namesake of the park, there are many waterfalls. Other notable features of the park are an Inn and golf course. The Inn is a bit dated, but it has a restaurant buffet several other campers were favorably recommending. Having eaten at other State Park restaurants, I was a bit skeptical. To my surprise and enjoyment the buffet was quite good and reasonably priced at $9.95. I also enjoyed the golf course, but there were many leaves on the course due to the time of year. Still, I think the course could have been a little bit better maintained. I lost a few balls in the middle of the fairway due to the excessive leaves. We did not use the restrooms or shower house, but they looked in good order. Be careful when reserving on line. Our site said it was level, but it was definitely not. We were able to level out, so no big deal. We camped here in a 42 ft 5th wheel. In general, the park would have rated higher if more effort was given to improving the overall appearance of the park. With that being said, we would definitely camp here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Fall Creek Falls State Park
October 2013

question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
question  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes  yes
October 2013
Fall special is $19 for full hookups. Verizon phone and date worked well. Great little park with nice owners. Playground and activities room for the kids, fishing in the pond. Very quiet area near Fall Creek Falls State Park. No pool, but we had a great visit and would come back again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
August 2012
The park is newer and is very well maintained. It is a few miles from everything and cell coverage was very sketchy. They do have free Wi-Fi and it worked well. The park is rock/gravel roads with grass between the sites. We were the only ones at the park so it is hard to say how it would feel with a large crowd. It would appear, due to the layout, that it could be difficult to maneuver a larger rig on the roads as the spaces are close together and the roads are narrow. The spaces seem to be level from side to side but front to back can be a challenge as most sites have a hump in them. We ended up with our last step being about 2 feet off the ground and had to be careful when exiting our truck as the drop off was steep. The owner/host are very friendly and helpful. The park is very nice, but I would be concerned it might feel cramped if occupancy is high. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
July 2011
We have stayed here twice and will definitely go again! Beautiful setting with a nice lake and plenty of grass! They have individual showers/bathroom combos which are very clean and spacious, and a nice rec room. Playground is very nice, and clean too. Our satellite worked great at this park. Some of the sites are not very level, but the owners were working on this, and even offered to come level a site if we needed it (which we did not). This is a great park-a hidden gem! We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Mountain Glen RV Park