Nearby Amarillo, Texas (Air Miles)
Ross Rogers Golf Course
Wonderland Park
Big Texan Steak Ranch
Cattle Call Restaurant
Sams Club 2201 Ross-Osage Dr (Located To Street)
Ruby Tequila'S Mexican
Amarillo
Fort Amarillo RV Resort
2014-10-25 19:12:26
Amarillo, Texas

yes  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question  yes  question
The good -- friendly staff, VERY clean bathrooms and showers. The bad -- very noisy, close to a busy highway. Interior roads are in very poor rutted shape. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
This is an older park that needs some maintenance. That said, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The park is just off a very busy freeway, but the noise level inside the rig was very quiet. This park is the closest one to downtown and is right on US287. This is not a vacation getaway park, but if I am coming through Amarillo and need to stop over for a night or two, this would be the park I would choose. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2013
The rate reflects a Good Sam discount. Interior roads are rough with lots of ruts. Hook ups were fine. Primarily permanent residents with a few pulling in for the night. Site was dirt and very uneven which made it difficult to level. The owner is friendly and helpful. The entrance isn't well marked so go slow when trying to find your way. Verizon cell and hotspot were strong and satellite was good. If in this area again, I will find another campground. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Amarillo Best Wonderland RV Resort

yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question  yes  question  question  yes
Very nice, easy to get in and out, staff was very nice, even made some good suggestions for what to do in the area. We really enjoyed our stay. Was my first campground with a 5th wheel rig, so the size and layout was a blessing. Nice place to say! We camped here in a Motorhome.
We have stayed at this park several times over the years. I am always amazed how people exaggerate their experiences on this website. Yes, there is an airport nearby, but the plane traffic is so seldom it's hardly worth mentioning. The trains are to the north of the park and not the nuisance people would lead you to believe. They actually have grass here, not a paved parking lot; they escort you to your site and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We will continue to stay at this KOA whenever we are in this area. We camped here in a Motorhome.
This was an overnight stop that we picked because KOAs are generally a known quality. The restrooms were very clean and the general appearance was as nice as could be expected in Amarillo. However, trains passed by blowing their whistles about 1/4 mile away every 30 minutes. In addition, there were mosquitoes and an odor from a nearby cattle feedlot. The 2 person rates were also stupidly high in my opinion at $28 for a tent site with no hookups and $41 for water and electric. Full hookups were even higher. We will likely not stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Amarillo KOA
October 2014

question  no  question  question  question  question  question  yes  question  question
October 2014
We have stayed here before, and not much has changed. Gravel pull-through sites, no patios or landscaping. The site we stayed in, P-7, usually is for the bigger rigs and is in the front near the entrance. Some freeway and train noise, but not overwhelming. Close to shopping and restaurants. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2014
As previously stated there are different sections and we were put in the back section where we pulled in behind another camper. When we asked how we were suppose to exit in the morning, we were told just to cross all the camp sites to our right. WHAT? Old, run down, dirty and had trouble leveling a 43' rig. A lot of confusion in the front office even though we had made reservations. Would never stay here again if we are put in this back section. A lesson learned, ask what section is available when making reservations and only take the P section if you want a decent site. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2014
This park has a couple areas. The Pull Thru area we were on was all pea gravel with great hookups located in the right spot. They escort you to your site and driving thru I saw a number of sites that were pull in and another unit pulls in behind you. It looked like a lot of long term units there with multiple cars but I was over in the P section and they were all overnighters. The Big Texan Limo picked us up so I did not have to unhook the car. I would stay there again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Amarillo Ranch RV Park

6   8   1   8   7   7   3   6   6
yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
yes  question  question  yes  yes  yes  question  yes  question
Believe this park has recently changed owners/name - no web site but phone number was good. Called ahead same day and was able to get site with late arrival (manager even came around to see that we found the site). The sites are close together and looked to be older. No problem leveling our rig and hooking up. There were several long-term residents. The car display and large cowboy statue are a nice touch. This park just east of the Cadillac ranch outside of Amarillo. Easy access to I-40 and there was some road noise (didn't keep us up at night though). A good choice for our overnight stay. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
December 2012
Close to restaurants. Nice sites. Nice store. We camped here in a Motorhome.
September 2011
This park has become so run down since we last stayed here. Price hasn't changed but there is no cable TV and no Wi-Fi. Spaces are so dirty with weeds not controlled. So many permanents with no care at their spaces. We won't stay here again. Sad, as this was such a convenient park to the freeway. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Amarillo West View RV Park
September 2014

question  question  no  question  question  no  question  question  question  no
September 2014
Cost $12.50/night with Passport America. Can't beat the price for 50 amp, water & sewer. Sites long, level, gravel pull-through sites. Basic campground, no frills. Perfect for a one night stay or limited visit to Amarillo.`Put money in envelope & slide through gold slot in office door. Employee present was cutting grass & was pleasant & helpful. Easy on & off for I-40. One row near I-40 appear to be permanent residents. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Very basic, not particularly well kept. Really just a place to park overnight, but with utilities. Rate was with PA discount. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Rate is now $12.50 with Passport America. Terrible, depressing campground if you intend on staying more than 10 hours. Perfect if you just need a place to sleep with electricity, water, and sewer. Price went up from $11. Cannot pinpoint any improvement made to the facilities. Free envelope to put your money into to pay. That's something I guess. You will hear planes, trains and automobiles, but if you are just here for a few hours, you won't mind. We have stayed here several times and have yet to see any sort of owner, manager, or employee at this place. We are self contained, so it is not a big deal. It is just a place to sleep for us. Where is the pride of ownership of the owner/manager? We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for AOK Camper Park
October 2014

question  yes  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
question  question  question  yes  yes  question  question  question  yes  question
October 2014
Stayed overnight while passing through the area. When making reservations, person taking info was professional and very efficient. I was asked what brand and year travel trailer we had, so this gave us the impression that this was an outstanding facility. Easy to find, good signage and attractive from the street. Very accessible to IH40. I can not comment on the facilities available as we did not use them. There was a large, fenced, green grassy playground area for kids. The pond area was undergoing some maintenance/renovations and sidewalks were being put in around that same area. TV cable and good WIFI service. Now, the cons...once driving past the office, the park and sites were really unimpressive...basically a gravel parking lot with short fencing between sites. Each site was wide and long enough for us to keep our truck hooked up to our trailer. Each site had a concrete pad for the picnic table. Other than that, there was a tiny patch of grass and one shrub. Don't know how Trailer Life gave this park such a high rating for visual appearance. Nice trailers/motor-homes here, some appeared to be semi-permanent. But did we see anyone other than construction workers outside? NO. Why? The stench in the air. Per the Internet, it was from nearby Hereford, Texas, where there are large cattle lots. To my husband and I, the smell was more like a rendering plant, which is really nasty. I know the park cannot help the smell in the area. Maybe the wind was blowing from the "wrong" direction. However, I think with the cons of this park, it would be a huge advantage to the park if they would spiff up their sites. Okay for one night, but we will not be staying here again, especially for $35/night, with a Good Sam discount. We camped here in a Travel Trailer.
September 2014
The photos on their web site did not represent the true look of RV campground. There was a pond, but fishing? Campground was clean, safe and quiet. Improvements were being done while we were there. The gift shop Lizzie Mae's was out of this world! The shop was a destination in its self. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Very nice RV park with friendly staff. Good for overnighter or tour of Amarillo. All gravel roads and sites. Roads could stand some repair but sites are level and easy access. Short fence and some grass between pull-through sites. Much needed repairs/upgrades being made. Easy access to I-40 but far enough away that the noise is not bothersome. Well stocked gift/collectible shop may cost you more than your site fee! Shopping and numerous restaurants in the area. We will stay here again. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Fort Amarillo RV Resort
October 2014

question  question  yes  question  question  question  question  yes  yes  question
October 2014
We stayed a bit over a week and the price reflects the weekly rate. It is a nice spot with good water and power and sewer. My sewer hookup top was broken but it still worked. We did have the water go out one of the days we were there and I found out it was a hydrant problem on a site so they shut off all the water. The campground is great for location but they are pretty cheap in that they do not have picnic tables at the sites and the few they do have are chained to the tree or the few sites were bolted to the ground. I was told it is 140 dollars for a table so they could not put them out. I think I spent more then that for my week plus I was there so they probably could buy a table or two a month and fill them in. The lots are concrete with gravel next to it on both sides and while they are spaced apart there are no real trees. It is not their fault as it is not the best ground I guess. You can see the interstate but can not hear it. The flies are pretty bad and we were there when it was cool at night and wanted to open the windows. Twice the wind was from the stockyard direction and the smell made it impossible to open them. I would say that while it is a negative they can not fix that. I will say that the office staff was pretty rude on two of the three interactions we had with them. We were traveling with a friend who was also in a motorhome so the two of us were there a long time relative to their usual overnight people. I marked them down on the fact that they had some issues with infrastructure and the office staff and the lack of any place to sit outside to eat. They should have a picnic table on the sites they use or more then overnights. I will say they had the best Wi-Fi I have seen in many years of traveling. That is a big deal for me as I had to work a few days while I was there. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2014
Price reflects Good Sam discount. Check-in was speedy even with many rigs lined up to get into the park. Staff was efficient and professional. Asphalt roads and level, concrete sites with patio and pea gravel between sites. Utilities were good; water pressure seemed high so used regulator. WiFi worked great. When passing through, would definitely stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
October 2014
We initially passed this park by due to a few reviews we read here. The second park we stopped at was full,so we came back to Oasis RV Park. At first glance, the park looked much nicer than the park that was full. We were greeted by friendly staff. The wifi works great, our AT&T service was good, and the concreted sites easily accommodated our 35' and toad. It has convenient access to I-40 without hearing noisy highway traffic. The cable works great and the hookups are easy to get to.The laundry costs $1 for both a washer and dryer. My only criticism is that there were no picnic tables at the sites. However, this is not enough to keep me from returning. We would stay here again. We camped here in a Motorhome.
Display older reviews for Oasis RV Resort