Nearby Benbrook, Texas (Air Miles)
Bistro Louise
Texas Christian Universit
Fort Worth Zoo
Sams Club?I-20:431 4400 Bryant Irvin Rd (Located To Block)
Blue Mesa Grill - Fort
Sundance Square
Billy Miner'S Saloon
Reflections - Fort Worth
Angeluna
Wal-Marti-30:7A 1401 S Cherry Ln (Located To Block)
Sams Club?I-30:7A 1451 S Cherry Ln (Located To Block)
Rockwood Golf Course
Sams Club?I-20:439 2440 Se Loop 820 (Located To Block)
Naval Air Station - Fort
Marriott'S Golf Club At
J Christen'S Bar And G
Fort Worth Freightliner 8005809101
Lynn Smith Rv Service
Sams Club?I-820:20B 6375 Ne Loop 820 (Located To Street)
Lake Arlington Golf Cour
951 Sw Wilshire Bvd
I-820 Exit 20B
6401 Ne Loop 820
Sams Club?I-30:24 8351 Anderson Blvd (Located To Block)
8401 Anderson St
April 2011

no  yes
question  yes
April 2011
A beautiful little Corps of Engineers park. Lot's of trees and grass, asphalt pads and roads in fair to good condition, steel fire rings, covered picnic tables on concrete slabs, HUGE camping spaces, many lakefront spots. Dump station near entrance. If you have your own bathroom and shower, I'd give it a 10. If you don't, probably a 6. The vault toilet on our end of the park is old, smelly, and not especially clean. No showers on this end. However, there is a modern shower and toilet facility under construction and looks like it could be available any day now. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
October 2006
This park was so clean & quite. Tons of space between sites, and I do mean tons. The Park Hosts were very friendly and knew a lot about the area. The lake level was low, as are most lakes in North Texas right now. Beautiful oak trees throughout the park. This is truly a place to relax, take a walk, or just do nothing. Great park for a vacation or just a weekend home away from home. We camped here in a Motorhome.

no  question  yes  yes  no  yes  no  question  no  no
no  question  yes  yes  no  question  question  question  no  no
This is what I would want to know if I were staying at this COE campground. If you use Google Maps to find the campground it will lead you down a dead end road. I would estimate that a very small percentage of sites in this park are level. One of the major problems on the COE reservation website is that you can't tell what kind of site you are committing to. I would recommend that you call before coming to make sure you will fit. Site 56 is much smaller than stated on their website and us up hill. You will not be able to level a class A motorhome. We checked in for a 14 day stay that included Memorial Day weekend. When we pulled up the attendant notified us that he didn’t think we would fit in site 56. I called the 1-800 at www.recreation.gov and ask if they could find us another site after the Memorial Day weekend that we could move to. Once inside the park the 1-800 can't help you. I ask if the park attendants could find us another site after the Memorial Day weekend. Other things to know are that most Texas lakes are very low, beaches aren’t the same, boating isn’t the same, etc. This campground is also very near to a military base. This means jets and helicopters as late as 11PM at your quiet campfire. We would not use the showers or the bathroom. One of the urinals would overflow and dump all over the floor. One of the showers drains was completely plugged and overflowing. Had not been cleaned or maintained for some time. We camped here in a Motorhome.
We stayed here in a 40' motorhome on site 072. Nice 100' pull thru with a nice lake view. The sites where we were had excellent spacing between them, but, again, check your particular site before reserving. Our Millenicom WIFI had 4G and Verizon 4 bars. The electric and water pressure were good. The one drawback I see with this particular park is that they are now using Volunteers instead of Contracted personnel on the front gate and because of this, you can no longer drive up without a reservation and get a campsite thru the front gate personnel; you have to call Recreation.gov and make your own reservations; this also goes for making any changes to an existing reservation; these Volunteers cannot get into the Corp of Engineers reservation computer system. We would definitely stay here again We camped here in a Motorhome.
March 2014
Rate is with the Federal Senior Pass. We loved our site #73. It's on a loop with only one other site. It was a large pull through and right on the lake. I would give this park a higher rating if it had sewer. One note: We tried the showers but even with the water running for a few minutes it remained cold. Maybe because it was early in the season and not used enough? Not the best shower rooms we've been in at a COE by a long shot. Be aware gates are locked at 11 and open 6 am. We camped here in a Fifth Wheel.
Display older reviews for Holiday COE